PDA

View Full Version : Collection display case

GregC
04-21-2015, 08:40 PM
Big thanks to Matty C for the display case. I've been slowly filling it and am really proud of the final product. I'll probably need another real soon though.

The image quality isn't the best but it's the best I was able to do on the phone for now. Might have to play with lighting.

It's really awesome to display some of these lower grade finds like this. In the case they just present so nicely considering the relatively affordable prices on everything.

I've focused on Mantle and MJ so far with a few others sprinkled in. The Spock up in the corner is my girl's, it holds a spot in good company since she is the second most vocal supporter of the big pick ups after Matt. Was an in person auto, RIP Spock!

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/gjc1213/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsv07no1yg.jpg

MattyC
04-21-2015, 08:57 PM
Yeah but what can you deadlift?

Bestdj777
04-21-2015, 09:05 PM
I love the collection and the display! Great cards and great presentation.

jb67
04-21-2015, 09:25 PM
That is a very nice display. Those cards look great for the grade. Congrats on a very nice collection! You can never go wrong focusing on Mick and MJ.

MetsBaseball1973
04-22-2015, 01:49 AM
Goodness gracious. Look at that case! I can see you have 'the MattyC eye.' :cool: Seeing these goodies from that casual distance makes me see exactly why so many are chasing lower grade centered gems.

This epoch of The Scan tends to overblow any card's shortcomings.

In Real Life a 1.5 such as your 1957 Mantle makes my tilty 7 look like crap! I should 'upgrade' to a bullseye centered 4 or 5. Honestly, from here all of those exemplars strike me as one or more grades better than assigned-- the corners just don't leap out at all!!!!!!!

DanP
04-22-2015, 06:20 AM
Greg,

Great display and GREAT cards!

What room do you have the case mounted in?

CW
04-22-2015, 09:47 AM
Man, I wish one of my brothers had a card case like that. So solid, Greg!

pawpawdiv9
04-22-2015, 02:42 PM
Very Nice collection of Mantles. btw, I am in the middle of trying to consign all my Mantles (thats left over in my BST thread/click in my signature) to Sterlings this time.
I was very pleased with the recent purchase of a Koufax RC and with using Paypal, I got it today! Much better in had too! Colors vibrant!

Shameless plug, but if anyone is looking at mid-low grade Mantles, mine will be at Sterlings.

cdn_collector
04-24-2015, 05:04 AM
Yeah but what can you deadlift?

Along with "Holy crap, that's a great display", this was exactly what I was thinking ;)

Seriously -- great looking display.

Cheers,

Richard.

GregC
04-24-2015, 08:53 AM
Thanks for all the kind words. It's been a blast curating the collection!