PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Differences in 1922 Herb Hunter All Stars Tour of Japan

JJ McGraw
04-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Hi All......I'm a little confused at the variety of uniforms on the 1922 Hunter Tour to Japan. Based on photos I've recently seen, there are different caps , jerseys, sweaters with and without the U.S. (Yet they are the same pattern of sweater).
Below are some photos....the only thing I could guess is home and away uniform, but they are "away" for the whole tour.
Any info would be appreciated. Mike

Starting with a print I recently bought, it is a copy. I edited it to show the uniform detail.....according to the caption, they are in Vancouver on their way to Japan.
U.S. on sweater, logo on left breast of jersey, two tone cap.

JJ McGraw
04-21-2015, 09:14 AM
Here is an image for sale now that says they are getting the news via telegram about going to Japan...no U.S. On sweater, but it looks like there was a circular emblem on there at one time, look at the two larger figures to the left.

JJ McGraw
04-21-2015, 09:17 AM
Here is an image of the mighty Casey in Japan with teammates, same uniform as Vancouver photo

JJ McGraw
04-21-2015, 09:18 AM
Here is another image, Casey in Japan, different jersey, no left emblem, a sleeve patch with rising sun......and a different cap, dark solid color with the U.S. , same design used on cap of 1934 All Americans.

JJ McGraw
04-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Close up of jersey

JJ McGraw
04-21-2015, 09:24 AM
Here is a photo I own of Yankee Joe Bush, taken same day as Casey Photo, same sweater as Vancouver picture, but with the "US " solid cap.

JJ McGraw
04-21-2015, 09:30 AM
Finally, here is a Repro of the 1922 cap from Ideal Cap Company, a grey solid cap with Blue US.
I threw this in as it may not have existed in that color scheme, but it is cool he offers it......just like the 1934 Cap and Jersey of the All Americans that EFF offers......which I proudly own.
Anyway, any thoughts on this would be appreciated. This is new collecting ground for me. I'm reading a few books , as I find the collective prewar Japan tours fascinating. Thanks again, Mike