PDA

View Full Version : I think I have an interesting discussion.....T206 Bastian

Joshchisox08
04-20-2015, 06:03 AM
It has been said that one of the biggest mysteries of the t206 collection is Jack/John Bastian. A player whom was not a very good one nor did he have a lengthy career. Supposedly there is a little information on him at all.

Is there anyone on this site that knows anything about him ? DOB, DOD, Where he died, how, where he was born ? Did he bat right or left ? Any cool stories ?

To me it seems that most of the SL players in the set are the ones that are harder to find information on but I've not found anything on John Bastian. This is what made his card appealing and desirable to me.

buymycards
04-20-2015, 11:14 AM
http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=bastia001joh

DixieBaseball
04-20-2015, 11:33 AM
According to BR, Bastian was one of their leading hitters in 1909. Now of course it was C League ball and he batted .250, but he did have 113 hits good enough for 3rd on his team and he amassed 450 abs. I looked to see if perhaps he might have pitched as well, but no. Stats can't always tell the story. Perhaps he was the "leader" of that team that year. By the looks of their teams batting averages and stats, they were average at C Level.

Joshchisox08
04-20-2015, 11:49 AM
@Rick I've found his stats before and that's about it.
@ Jerome interesting. I never knew that he actually had what was considered to be a good year haha. Boy that team must have really stunk for him to lead with .250 average and 113 hits.