PDA

View Full Version : 300 Greatest Cards - New Video

Moyni
04-18-2015, 01:36 PM
Below is a link to my new video going over my 300 Great Baseball Cards Collection. If you are not familiar with this, here is the set registry on PSA.

http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=75222

Would love to hear any comments about the video.

https://youtu.be/0Tc_exo8Y7M

Thanks.

Mike

DanP
04-18-2015, 02:19 PM
Mike, nice collection. I checked out the PSA registry also.

Thanks for sharing.

Moyni
04-18-2015, 02:44 PM
Mike, nice collection. I checked out the PSA registry also.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I need that card in your Avatar for this collection. ;)

CW
04-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Sweet collection! A few years ago, I made an attempt at the Top 200 Sportscards set based on the book from Joe Orlando, so I know what you mean about finding cards that look nice in the lower grades.

It was also helpful to browse through the scans on your registry set while watching the vid to see the closeup views. Good luck with the rest!

7nohitter
04-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Great video! I have to stop collecting Walter Johnson and Ty Cobb exclusively....gotta go for some of the others!

Mountaineer1999
04-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Cool project. Thanks for sharing.

KCRfan1
04-18-2015, 07:00 PM
Nice cards Mike, and I enjoyed the video as well!

Louieman
04-19-2015, 03:02 AM
Thanks for sharing! gave it a "like"

Moyni
04-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the "like" and all the other comments

Leon
04-19-2015, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the "like" and all the other comments

Very cool Mike. Good luck in the quest. It looks like you are having a lot of fun and that is what it's all about. Thanks for sharing too.

oldjudge
04-19-2015, 02:58 PM
Yah, I have that 1992 Nomar Garciaparra on my list of greatest cards also. LMAO

ajjohnsonsoxfan
04-19-2015, 03:43 PM
Awesome set to go after! Agree that the PSA set registry and is a great way to track your collection against others going after same cards and discover fellow collectors. Don't forget the best two cards in that set - the 1914 Cracker Jack Cobb and Jackson!

Rich Klein
04-19-2015, 04:32 PM
I worked with Mr. Payne on that tome while at Beckett and the funniest part of the whole deal was in writing the introduction to one of the sections, we discovered the Encylcopedia Brittanica was wrong on a fact.

I also wrote about 20 percent of those blurbs and if you know me, you can figure out which ones I did

Rich

P.S. Considering we were including more modern cards, the list stands up pretty well in terms of cards but I would probably get rid of the 1991 Ultra Update Juan Gonzalez. The 1989 McGwire was in because not only was Big Mac hot at the time but a really cool photo that included Kirby Puckett (IIRC)

And we did get in a couple of fun cards such as the great 1957 Topps Don Zimmer card.

Rich Klein
04-19-2015, 04:32 PM
I worked with Mr. Payne on that tome while at Beckett and the funniest part of the whole deal was in writing the introduction to one of the sections, we discovered the Encylcopedia Brittanica was wrong on a fact.

I also wrote about 20 percent of those blurbs and if you know me, you can figure out which ones I did

Rich

P.S. Considering we were including more modern cards, the list stands up pretty well in terms of cards but I would probably get rid of the 1991 Ultra Update Juan Gonzalez. The 1989 McGwire was in because not only was Big Mac hot at the time but a really cool photo that included Kirby Puckett (IIRC)

And we did get in a couple of fun cards such as the great 1957 Topps Don Zimmer card.

Tabe
04-19-2015, 10:57 PM
Great video, thanks for sharing. Can I make a technical suggestion? Your camera - is it a Canon DSLR? - is refocusing constantly. You might consider setting it to manual focus since you're not really moving around.

Moyni
04-20-2015, 05:01 AM
Wow. Great comments. I love the feedback.

oldjudge - I agree the there are some cards that looking back today would not be on the list.

ajjohnsonsoxfan - Someday I would really love to own either of those cards!!

Rich Klein - Too cool. I agree that you guys did a really great job. I love the quirky cards on the list like the Bevacqua card. Also, I would leave the Juan Gonzalez because I used to collect him. ;)

Tabe - I actually shot it with my daughter's Iphone 6. Thanks for the manual focus suggestion.