PDA

View Full Version : Baseball glove experts. Can you identify this?

boysblue
04-18-2015, 08:04 AM
I don't know much about vintage gloves, but picked this one up recently and am curious as to its age, manufucturer and value (if it has any). I don't see any markings on it all.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/opinions.

Baseball Glove Collector
04-18-2015, 09:59 AM
Cool 1" web. It's a midline glove (as indicative of both the cloth piping around the heel & wrist strap and the quality of the leather). It's probably from the 1920's. There's no way to tell the manufacturer without any identifying markings. I'd say it's worth $75ish, maybe $100 on the high side in my opinion. Hope this helps a bit.

JD
www.baseballglovecollector.com

boysblue
04-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Thank you JD--that does help and is appreciated. I should have also mentioned that I picked it up in Canada, so perhaps it is Canadian manufactured.

Baseball Glove Collector
04-18-2015, 05:56 PM
You are very welcome. We just refer to them as generic 1" webs or old artifacts of the game. They usually go for $50-$75 all day long for something like that and hopefully a bit more to the right guy. I wouldn't think it's Canadian. Canadian 1" webs were most likely produced by one of the bigger manufacturers like Reach, Wright & Ditson, Spalding or Tryon and were usually very well marked as such and not by unknowns. Enjoy it. I wish I could find gloves like that out here.

JD
www.baseballglovecollector.com