PDA

View Full Version : Question re: Bat

ejharrington
04-14-2015, 07:07 PM
Is a bat that was used in batting practice generally considered "game used"? Do they typically sell at a discount from a bat used during a game and, if so, approximately how much? Thanks in advance for feedback.

travrosty
04-14-2015, 07:48 PM
no, game used means it has to be used in the game itself.

steve B
04-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Unless it's somehow different from the players normal bat, I'm not sure how you'd tell a game used bat apart from one just used in BP.

I suppose if the player started BP with a brand new bat and gave it away right after the person getting it would know. If it's something like that good for them not stretching it into game used.

Steve B

ullmandds
04-15-2015, 08:46 AM
maybe the bp bat is corked?

Paul S
04-15-2015, 09:05 AM
maybe the bp bat is corked?

Sammy Sosa, anyone?

packs
04-15-2015, 09:11 AM
I'll never understand the game used arena. Players share equipment, even though it's personalized. If a guy picks up one of Mike Trout's spare bats and uses it, is that a Mike Trout game used bat?

I was reading an auction description the other day about a minor league jersey worn by a prospect. The jersey was issued to the prospect, had their name on the back, but the cert specified that the jersey was too small and worn by someone else. What?

t206blogcom
04-15-2015, 11:55 AM
I'll never understand the game used arena. Players share equipment, even though it's personalized. If a guy picks up one of Mike Trout's spare bats and uses it, is that a Mike Trout game used bat?

No, it's a game used bat from the player who used it. I've seen this indicated on MLB certs before. I think it said something along the lines of Payer A model bat game used by Player B.

packs
04-15-2015, 12:39 PM
I've seen it too but I think it's murky waters and invites malicious sales tactics. They should just not take that item (if it's MLB or Steiner).

icollectDCsports
04-15-2015, 06:27 PM
Some players will write something, such as "BP," on the knob to indicate a bat is for batting practice use.

ejharrington
04-15-2015, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback (I meant to post on the memorabilia thread). I'm a card collector so I have no experience in buying game used equipment. This feedback has been helpful. I will follow up with the auctioneer on the description as "game used" even though the certification says it was used for batting practice.