PDA

View Full Version : Bad year for Spring Training TTM

scmavl
04-12-2015, 03:25 PM
I sent off about 50 auto requests to spring training facilities this year. A few were to big stars but most were to average players and prospects. All were a single card with a handwritten letter and a SASE. I got zero back.

Did anyone have better luck? Is there any chance I may get some of them back later? I'm not holding my breath... I'm pretty new to TTM.

7nohitter
04-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Jarrod,

Might still be too early to call it a complete loss...it's possible much of the mail went 'north' with the players.

I have better luck with the retired guys...Yaz and Wilbur Wood returned things to me within two weeks.

Good luck!

almostdone
04-12-2015, 03:43 PM
I haven't done TTM in a couple of years but I never got back any from spring training. Of course I only tried a handful but still no results. I always went after retired players though so I'm sure it's completely different with active ones. Sorry about the lack of success.
Drew

39special
04-12-2015, 04:14 PM
I sent about 20.So far I've gotten 3 back.I did get one of them yesterday,so I hope to get a few more.I have never had luck with spring training TTMs.

packs
04-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Spring Training seems like too short a window for TTM. If you're interested in prospects I'd write to their minor league clubs.

felada
04-12-2015, 06:09 PM
I sent out about 20 and have a few back so far. Mostly rookies but a few veteran all stars too. Over the years I have gotten back spring traing requests back in oct and nov.

sycks22
04-12-2015, 08:25 PM
Sent one to Kershaw at his spring training facility and noticed it takes around a year, but he does sign for free. Boggs / Doerr / Arnie Palmer / Nicklaus / Dawson / Gossage / Shaq all sign all the time through the mail.

scmavl
05-30-2015, 06:37 AM
Just a little update to this... I've now gotten three returns. A nice Adrian Beltre sig and two papers (along with my cards) telling me to send $xxx to the teams Foundation to get the auto.

But it appears you guys were right, the mail went with the players so I could get a few surprises throughout the year. Here's to hoping!