PDA

View Full Version : Card Collectors Co Questions

mouschi
04-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Good ol' net54baseball.com came up whenever I was trying to research this. If anyone can help me, I'd be mega happy!

In 1986, "Card Collectors CO." of 494 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014 created a 10 card Canseco set. On the back, it says you can order an 8x10 version of each card on kodak paper that is signed by Canseco.

Does anyone know anything about these? I see several on ebay, but I know that most are probably reprints and signed recently. A few are green ink that I found, which I thought was interesting, as I have a sealed and signed star set from 1986 in green ink as well. Follow up question: Was the Star baseball card company in any way affiliated with "card collectors co" ?

Any info GREATLY appreciated!

Here is an example of what one of the cards look like:

http://josecanseco.webs.com/photos/1986/Picture.jpg

Bestdj777
04-08-2015, 02:12 PM
You may have better luck posting this in the modern baseball card section as this section is dedicated to pre-1980 cards.

mouschi
04-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Dang it i'm sorry - i keep doing that! I see "Postwar" and then jump I guess.

SteveMitchell
04-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Question: Was the Star baseball card company in any way affiliated with "card collectors co" ?

Answer: Almost certainly not. The Card Collectors Co. (which was located at Franklin Square, NY for many years) was once owned (starting in the 1950s) by Woody Gelman, artist for Topps. Later, Woody's son Richard took over. CCC did a few card issues: reprints sets of both T205 and T206 perhaps being the company's best known.

I do not recall the founder of Star Company - just that Star began publishing in 1983 (possibly '82) and produced many small team sets as well as multi-card sets of individual players.