PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's pull

blackandgold
04-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Not sure what to do with this : keep or sell ? They are numbered to 10.

jasondeanmartin
04-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Sell it....if you redeem it you may never actually get it. Sell it then it's not your concern, especially if you're not a NYY fan.

quinnsryche
04-07-2015, 06:24 AM
I'd redeem it. I think you would get more for the actual card than the redemption. It might be a bit of a wait but Rivera is pretty good about signing and I would feel confident I would receive the card.
Good luck and great pull!

7nohitter
04-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Sell it....if you redeem it you may never actually get it. Sell it then it's not your concern, especially if you're not a NYY fan.

Jason,
I'm not familiar with the redemption process...why wouldn't he get the card?

blackandgold
04-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Jason,
I'm not familiar with the redemption process...why wouldn't he get the card?

Sometimes the player doesn't sign. In the few instances this happened to me, they sent replacements. Not sure about Topps, but Upper Deck sent VERY nice replacement cards.
I'm still debating what to do, but leaning towards redeeming it.

blackandgold
04-07-2015, 04:14 PM
I'd redeem it. I think you would get more for the actual card than the redemption. It might be a bit of a wait but Rivera is pretty good about signing and I would feel confident I would receive the card.
Good luck and great pull!

Thanks Tony.

7nohitter
04-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Sometimes the player doesn't sign. In the few instances this happened to me, they sent replacements. Not sure about Topps, but Upper Deck sent VERY nice replacement cards.
I'm still debating what to do, but leaning towards redeeming it.

Copy that. Thanks for the explanation.

swarmee
04-07-2015, 06:13 PM
There are other times when Topps plans to make a card, puts in the redemption card, and then cannot secure the jersey or hat or bat they intended to embed in the card. So then they will send a replacement card of similar sales value, sometimes from a list you choose from.

Allen & Ginter has a "codebreaker" set if you're the first person/team to win their annual challenge. You get one unique autographed card from EVERY person to sign cards for their set that year. Sometimes it takes 18 or more months for the winner to actually receive their cards, although the puzzle can take 6-10 months to solve.

So Topps releases a series, and then gets 2 years to provide the "award."