PDA

View Full Version : Help with a teddy ballgame

daves_resale_shop
04-06-2015, 07:01 AM
So a friend shared with me a mid 40's ted that he believes got the thumbs down here on the board (can't find the thread). I have a vet similar exemplar, which quite frankly I thought to be real, but perhaps I am mistaken... The medium just seems off for a clubby/secretarial signature to me...

Could I get your thoughts on this pair?

Many thanks!
Dave

daves_resale_shop
04-06-2015, 07:02 AM
The other:

GrayGhost
04-06-2015, 09:20 AM
I don't like the W on it. Saw a similar ball yesterday in Mansfield, but was on a newer ball, so maybe they r all good? I still think its off..

daves_resale_shop
04-06-2015, 09:33 AM
I don't like the W on it. Saw a similar ball yesterday in Mansfield, but was on a newer ball, so maybe they r all good? I still think its off.. on the top one or both? The top one looks a little slower IMO, but both have that interesting hinge... I have found some authenticated balls from the same 46-49 time period, with that hinge like start, but the lines on the w were much sharper...

Any other opinions?

GrayGhost
04-06-2015, 10:14 AM
well. don't think i had hinge if I recall, but W was same and no connection either, plus it was on a newer IL ball.I don't know. seems odd too that the two you pictured would both be secretarial, as older signatures. What we4 do know, as you can attest, is a lot of Ted Variations over the years

daves_resale_shop
04-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Came across this one in a mears auction tha carried a jsa cert...

Looks to have strikingly similar characteristics... Any thoughts?

GrayGhost
04-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Yes, it does look the same. I guess it depends on how much confidence one has in JSA?