PDA

View Full Version : AntiqueFootball.com website

antiquefootball
04-03-2015, 07:23 AM
Hey everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself to the board. My name is Chris Hornung. I've been a member for over a year but this is my first post. My area of interest is turn of the century football equipment, which I've been collecting for about 10 years. I know that this is primarily a baseball board, but that sometimes other sports are discussed. I just re-launched my website, www.antiquefootball.com which has several articles on the history of football equipment, collecting and preservation. If you have any interest, please check it out. I hope to update the site with new articles every couple of weeks. If you have any ideas for future articles, please let me know! Thanks!

http://www.antiquefootball.com

vintagesportscollector
04-03-2015, 07:39 AM
Hey Chris. It's been a long while, hope all is well. Great to see the site updated - wow!! I've had a link to your site, on mine, for years and many have asked me when it would be completed ;). What an evolution - stunning, and a fantastic resource. Is that your collection in the showcase? One of the most magnificent displays/rooms I've ever seen. Do you ever leave it?.:). I look forward to finding more time to dig through your site more.

-Cheers
Joe

Huysmans
04-03-2015, 07:58 AM
Hey Chris, great site!
I'll definitely follow and check it regularly.
I also sent you an email through your site.

Regards,
Brent

rsn1661
04-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Chris, that display room is unreal! Waiting to settle in for the night tonight so I can spend some more time browsing thru the site. It looks great.

Leon
04-03-2015, 08:24 AM
I copied this from another area to help a little. Your great looking site is well laid out and informative, welcome aboard Chris!!

edited to add, no, this won't become a football-centric board but I see no reason not to help other collectors and communities when we can...in moderation, of course.

antiquefootball
04-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Thanks Leon!

pariah1107
04-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Well, there are really no superlatives, emoticons, or punctuation to do that man cave justice!!! Thank you for sharing the historical links also, I've got some reading to do....

Kawika
04-03-2015, 01:29 PM
Superb website. Definitely not a run-of-the mill effort.