PDA

View Full Version : New Excel Checklists available; T201, T202, T205, T206

Joshchisox08
04-01-2015, 10:01 AM
I think that I'm at the point that I'd like a handful of people to test out my MASTER CHECKLIST for t206.

It will have a main page as well as a Back Run, Pose, Team, Series, Player info which includes DOB, DOD, State and town born, died, buried, and All of the players statistics. And a section where you can add what you paid for a card vs what the value is. (I use t206.org)

This is an Excel file so some of the stuff has links and uses table referencing. A general knowledge of Excel would be ideal.

I know that there's bound to be some errors on my part. I'm looking for input, suggestions, comments.

I've put a LOT of time into this and when I get home from work if anyone has any interest I'll send you a copy. I'd like to just send it out to about 5 people if I have 5 people interested that is, to test it out and give me feedback. I'd appreciated feedback in this forum as well.

I'm also working on adding a picture of each card when you scroll over the players name on the first page.

Thanks and hope someones interested !

Econteachert205
04-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Josh, sounds like a crazy difficult project. Just curious, how will it differ from T206 resource? Format?

Joshchisox08
04-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Hey Dennis I'm relatively new to being serious about t206 and back into collecting as I haven't in about 10 years. I forgot which site but I downloaded a .pdf full of information and checklists for the series.

Referencing t206 resource there's not a whole lot of a difference. When I can manage to figure out the other half of this I may try and integrate it to the Web but that's when I fix all errors and add the photos.

Joshchisox08
04-07-2015, 07:47 AM
Anyone else ??? I've only had one person interested in this. I'm looking for input and constructive criticism.

shernan30
04-07-2015, 08:15 AM
You can send me a copy to go through. I only dabble in T206 currently, but I'm an Excel junkie. Shernan30@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bpm0014
04-07-2015, 08:58 AM
im interested, bmullen0014@aol.com thanks!

tedzan
04-07-2015, 11:08 AM
A colorful EXCEL spreadsheet titled "T206 SuperSet" was created by Bill Brown in 2006.

Contact Bill (BBT206), you may like to check it out and compare it with yours.

TED Z

Joshchisox08
04-07-2015, 11:28 AM
@ Ted booooooooooooooooo lol. I did all this work for nothing. Oh well it's kept my sanity !!!! Somewhat ............. yeah I may look into that to compare. I'll still use mine though (because of the time put into it) and maybe I'll incorporate some changes he has.

Thanks for the info !!!

Luke
04-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Josh, send it to me. I'd like to check it out.

tedzan
04-07-2015, 12:03 PM
@ Ted booooooooooooooooo lol. I did all this work for nothing. Oh well it's kept my sanity !!!! Somewhat ............. yeah I may look into that to compare. I'll still use mine though (because of the time put into it) and maybe I'll incorporate some changes he has.

Thanks for the info !!!

Josh

Bill's spreadsheet served as an EXCEL-lent "vehicle" for establishing the front/back permutations in the T206 set from inputs from Net54 collectors of T206's.

It's been some years since it was active, so I would guess that your's is more up to date than Bill's.

Send me a copy......tedzan11@comcast.net.

Thanks,

TED Z

Joshchisox08
04-07-2015, 01:19 PM
File sent to those who PM'd me or requested on here.

ceast
04-07-2015, 01:26 PM
I would love to take a look at it as well!
Chris
ceast@knology.net

Zach Wheat
04-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Josh,

Kudos to you. You have obviously put a lot of thought & time in construction the sheet with the various tabs. For those not familiar with the sheet - which includes most of us, since you haven't distributed it yet - Josh's tracking sheet with numerous subsets put together primarily based upon The T206 Collection: The Players & Their Stories by Tom & Ellen Zapalla.

The strength of your sheet is obviously from all of the subsets & tabs you've used to delineate your collection. I really like the addition of stats as I got a better feel of how good these players were relative to their peers, when looking at the checklist.

Another strength of your sheet is the Subjects tab - which details subject & back combinations by Series Type ie 350 Only Series - has 208 subjects with 13 back combinations.

Kudo's to you....well done & a very good checklist.

Z Wheat

xplainer
04-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Josh,
I,d like a copy.
xplainer2010@yahoo.com

I use excel all the time.
Thanks.
-Jimmy

clydepepper
04-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Josh- I'd like to take a 'gander' at your production.

raymondrculpepper@gmail.com

Thanks for your effort,
Raymond

Joshchisox08
04-10-2015, 04:55 PM
All emails have been addressed. If I missed you let me know. A big thanks to Ray who's already pointed out a small error that has been fixed.

62corvette
04-12-2015, 09:44 AM
I'd like one too, please. I've had my T206 sit (less the big three) since 1973. For most of them I am only the second owner.
Mikeerns@wi.rr.com

Enfuego
04-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Interested: j.rodriguez2001@yahoo.com

GehrigFan
04-16-2015, 05:33 AM
Late to the party here, and don't have tons of T206's, but I would still love to test drive it for you. I have my entire collection in Excel and might find better ways one or the other of us can do something...

Please send to work - manderson@ha.com

Thanks!
Mark

iwantitiwinit
04-16-2015, 05:52 AM
If it's not too late, kardboys@yahoo.com

Thanks

Bob I.

Joshchisox08
04-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Anyone have any comments/suggestions/errors I made ?

Anyone else looking for a copy ?

mattsey9
04-20-2015, 10:26 AM
Josh,

I'd love to see a copy. My email address is mmattsey@gmail.com

Regards,

Mike

Enfuego
04-21-2015, 01:06 PM
I think that I'm at the point that I'd like a handful of people to test out my MASTER CHECKLIST for t206.

It will have a main page as well as a Back Run, Pose, Team, Series, Player info which includes DOB, DOD, State and town born, died, buried, and All of the players statistics. And a section where you can add what you paid for a card vs what the value is. (I use t206.org)

This is an Excel file so some of the stuff has links and uses table referencing. A general knowledge of Excel would be ideal.

I know that there's bound to be some errors on my part. I'm looking for input, suggestions, comments.

I've put a LOT of time into this and when I get home from work if anyone has any interest I'll send you a copy. I'd like to just send it out to about 5 people if I have 5 people interested that is, to test it out and give me feedback. I'd appreciated feedback in this forum as well.

I'm also working on adding a picture of each card when you scroll over the players name on the first page.

Thanks and hope someones interested !

Haven't recieved my copy yet?

j.rodriguez2001@yahoo.com

Thanks !

Eggoman
04-21-2015, 01:13 PM
I'd love to check out a copy, too!

THanks,
Greg
rzayatz@roadrunner.com

deucetwins
04-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Please send me a copy as well.

jstonecarp@gmail.com

Thanks,
Jeff.

larrie804
04-21-2015, 08:40 PM
Please send me a copy!

larriedean@verizon.net

Thank you,
Larrie

Enfuego
04-22-2015, 06:33 AM
Josh,

After looking at your product, let me be the first to say that I am impressed with it! I can appreciate the hardwork and long hours you put into this tracker. Now to provide you with some input:

- The type of font used for the players names is a bit much, try to keep it simple with Times New Roman or something.

- You may want ot go back and take a look at all the formula's you have inputted to ensure they work properly.

- In your "Pose CHK" tab what do you mean by the yellow references other cells?

I just have one suggestion, not sure if it's possible to do so, But in your players info tab, are you able or is it possible to hyperlink the name to the player picture that you plan to add? I was thinking as the picture pops up the history / career stats can possibe fall in with the picture as well.

Overall, I really like the product and I have already started adding my collection to it, please send me your updated copies as you can.

Thanks.:D:D

Joshchisox08
04-22-2015, 07:37 AM
Josh,

After looking at your product, let me be the first to say that I am impressed with it! I can appreciate the hardwork and long hours you put into this tracker. Now to provide you with some input:

- The type of font used for the players names is a bit much, try to keep it simple with Times New Roman or something.

- You may want ot go back and take a look at all the formula's you have inputted to ensure they work properly.

- In your "Pose CHK" tab what do you mean by the yellow references other cells?

I just have one suggestion, not sure if it's possible to do so, But in your players info tab, are you able or is it possible to hyperlink the name to the player picture that you plan to add? I was thinking as the picture pops up the history / career stats can possibe fall in with the picture as well.

Overall, I really like the product and I have already started adding my collection to it, please send me your updated copies as you can.

Thanks.:D:D

Really glad you like it ! I'm constantly making updates to it and trying to finish adding the players pictures when you hover over their pose on that main checklist page. Only gout about 300 to go lol.

As you pointed out it would be very doable to add their stats in a pop-up similar to the picture of the card. It would be equally as time consuming but could see how it would be beneficial.

I would think to limit the information though such as a batters Avg, HR, and RBI and that's about it and a pitchers ERA, Wins, and Losses.

The pose check was just something that I started and didn't fully finish the stuff in yellow is just meaning that the cells contain formula's but perhaps I should change that because all of the other cells that have formulas I haven't highlighted yellow.

Great idea Anthony !!!

Joshchisox08
05-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Sometime this week I will have a revision available that will have some of the sections automated.

I will continue to work on the automation process until it is fully automated.

Rev A will include the following updates:

1. Fully automated Team Checklist section
2. Fully automated Pose Checklist section
3. 524 checklist section will have the Leagues, HOF, BB, Overlooked, Commons, Uncommons, Southern Leaguers, and Minor Leaguers automated. I may try to get the grading companies automated as well.

If you'd like a revision let me know.

Enfuego
05-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Sometime this week I will have a revision available that will have some of the sections automated.

3. 524 checklist section will have the Leagues, HOF, BB, Overlooked, Commons, Uncommons, Southern Leaguers, and Minor Leaguers automated. I may try to get the grading companies automated as well.

If you'd like a revision let me know.

You know I do!:D

Joshchisox08
05-11-2015, 11:09 AM
You know I do!:D

Alright we've got 1 lol

Joshchisox08
05-15-2015, 09:40 AM
Rev A will be released sometime this afternoon or evening whenever I can get around to it.

4. Back chck Fully automated now as well.

PM me your email address.

jimscards
05-15-2015, 12:38 PM
Would love to see this too... jimscards@outlook.com

Thanks!

clydepepper
05-15-2015, 12:47 PM
Josh- I'm ready for an updated version - thanks

Joshchisox08
05-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Josh- I'm ready for an updated version - thanks

Ray I need your email address again. Still trying to get used to everyone on this site.

Eggoman
05-16-2015, 02:42 PM
I'd like REV A, too, please!

Eggo

rzayatz@roadrunner.com

Joshchisox08
05-16-2015, 07:59 PM
I'd like REV A, too, please!

Eggo

rzayatz@roadrunner.com

Sent Greg. I spent about 5 hours today updating/adding photos to the front page when you hover over the pose. I'll resend those sometime tomorrow to everyone who wanted Rev A.

gregr2
05-16-2015, 08:20 PM
Please send me the update Josh.

Joshchisox08
05-16-2015, 08:22 PM
Please send me the update Josh.

Need email addresses ppl lol. I'm a drinker and only know a handful of people by name.

ceast
05-16-2015, 10:54 PM
Josh,

I would love the revision when you get a chance. Thanks, Chris
ceast@knology.net

Joshchisox08
06-13-2015, 06:49 PM
Rev B Is ready to be released. Per a request, I believe from Tony Davis I have left my collection out and it is starting from complete scratch.

Rev B will include the following updates:

1. Fixed some issues on the player stat page (numbers of the cards were not correct).
2. The batter and pitcher stat pages will automatically add the quantity of the card you own on that page (fully automated).
3. $$$ page has been redesigned and is fully automated by adding the quantity if you own that card. Manual input obviously for what you paid for the card still.
4. The main page drop-down menu's have been improved and are much more user friendly.
5. The individual series checklist tabs have been automated to the point that you will only have to put an "X" in the box and it will tally up everything using a simple COUNTIF statement.

This is at the point where nearly everything is automated that can be done.

PM me your email address.

P.S. as a huge favor would you please let me know if you actually use this file ???? I want to get a head count on the amount of people whom actually like this file.

Cheers !

Josh

Jeff_cvc
06-14-2015, 06:54 AM
Hi Josh,

What an incredible project you've undertaken, I would be honored to get a copy.

With great appreciation,

Jeff
Jrsfbunch@aol.com

Enfuego
06-15-2015, 01:08 PM
Waiting on my Copy please, best believe i'm using it.:

j.rodriguez2001@yahoo.com

wilkiebaby11
06-15-2015, 09:49 PM
Minitaber13@gmail.com
I'd like a copy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshchisox08
07-09-2015, 02:13 PM
That's right read the heading:

New Checklists available; T201, T202, T205, T206

Eggoman
07-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Hey Josh:

I'm interested, of course!

Greg

Joshchisox08
07-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Which would you like Greg. I should have mentioned the T206 has nothing new to it. The others are all brand spanking new with player stats, info, the main page with photos of the cards, etc

I'll need your email again too you can PM me if you'd prefer to do it that way.

familytoad
07-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Hey Josh,
I'm a T205 guy so I would love to see that version. :-)
It also sounds like you've got a nice project done for t206, so I'd really like to review that sheet too!

Familytoad@comcast.net

bbcardzman
10-10-2015, 09:58 AM
I would love to have copies of all as I am working on team sets for each. Just started on the T206 set this year and now have half of the STL Nat'l set and would love to start collecting the different backs as well. Have a few of the other sets as well and it would be great to have a complete wantlist of everything I need. Thanks
bbcardz77@netzero.com

rdwyer
10-10-2015, 10:31 AM
I would like a copy also. TIA

freakhappy
10-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Josh...whenever you get a chance, I would love a copy of each. Great job and thanks for your generosity and effort!

Cavelyon@aol.com

whelenfan
10-19-2015, 09:21 AM
I would appreciate a copy of the lists as well, specifically the t205.

Thank you!

mansco
11-11-2015, 05:08 PM
Josh,

I'd like a copy of the T206 spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Mansco