PDA

View Full Version : Degree of difficulty...T207 backs

Vintagecatcher
03-30-2015, 05:25 PM
In the past 2 years, I have started to educate myself regarding the complexity of collecting the T207 set, while also acquiring quite a few of the catchers in the set.

Many thanks to Tim N. and Bob M. for their articles on the T207 set, and to the board members who have helped me add to my collection.

While my obsession with the T207 set has focused primarily on the unique fronts and acquiring nice examples, I have managed to pick up most of the advertising backs. I'm lacking just the Red Cross, Cycle, and Anonymous Factory 3 (LA) backs.

While most people probably will agree that finding a Red Cross T207 back is next to impossible, just how difficult are the anonymous backs?

Thanks to Mike F., I have an Anonymous Factory 25 example now, so I'm curious as to whether others have found the Anonymous Factory 3 (LA) backs to be more common or less common than the Anonymous Factory 25 (VA) backs?

Thanks,

Patrick

frohme
03-30-2015, 09:10 PM
Hey Patrick,

If I recall, Tim's survey numbers had Factory 3 more prevalent than Factory 25 by a fair margin (nearly 3-1), comparing the Broadleaf-class cards, only. Anon Factory 3 Recruits are as tough, if not tougher than their Broadleaf counterparts. You have a number of catchers to choose from there, and really need one of each for completeness ... :D )

Hardest thing you'll find on the Anon Factory 3's is grade sensitivity. Some of the Broadleaf class cards have fared OK , but the Recruits have generally not done so well. Finding anything in SGC 50/PSA 4 will be a real challenge.

Downside is that the sample size of all of the cards is relatively small, all things considered. I'd wouldn't put too much stock in very specific numbers, but feel that the trends and general observations hold out very well.

--
Mike

kmac32
03-30-2015, 09:28 PM
so far I have Recriut, anonymous, and one Red Cycle all in T207 Cubs

Vintagecatcher
03-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Mike,

Thanks again for the great John Adams T207 and your input.

I'll post when my T207 display case is finished.

Patrick