PDA

View Full Version : most valuable signed cards

theshleps
03-29-2015, 03:08 PM
What do you think the most valuable signed cards are that you know exist in the hobby - not ones you wish existed but actually do?

egri
03-29-2015, 03:22 PM
The highest price I've ever seen a signed card listed at was a 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth, though I would not be surprised if a T206 Cobb/Young/Johnson went for more.

jad22
03-29-2015, 04:02 PM
The Goudey signed Lajoie was pricey.

7nohitter
03-29-2015, 04:50 PM
i had a signed King Kelly....gotta find it around here somewhere, probably with my '14 CJ Jackson.

Lordstan
03-30-2015, 01:04 PM
I would think that a Babe Ruth signed Baltimore News card would set all sorts of price records if it existed. I think the Ruth signed Goudeys were the highest I remember seeing.

SikSyko
03-30-2015, 01:55 PM
What would this one go for now? http://www.legendaryauctions.com/lot-25629.aspx

jad22
03-30-2015, 02:38 PM
Wasn't there a Cobb signed T206 along with a signed letter a few years ago?

r2678
03-30-2015, 03:12 PM
Ok, here's my story. I'm just telling you what I was told..

Maybe 30 years ago I was set up at a Pittsburgh area card show. A young woman came up to my table with a couple of autographed items. One was an old timers dinner program from the 40s/early 50s with a number of signatures including several HOFers. She said her grandfather attended the dinner and got the signatures. Her grandfather, according to her, was a HOFer and appeared in the T206 set. She said he was an autograph collector and the family had quite a few autographs from that era. She then asked if I was familiar with "that Honus Wagner card that was worth a lot of money" and wanted to know what it would be worth autographed. I asked if she had one. She just smiled and walked away. As for what she had with her, she was just showing them around and not trying to sell anything.

A couple of things... I've never heard before or since of the existence of that card. Perhaps someone here knows more. Second, the man she said was her grandfather had also signed the dinner progam. On some level that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

The dinner program was real as were the autographs. But her story....???

Exhibitman
03-30-2015, 04:45 PM
People tell all sorts of big fish stories at shows. If I had even a fraction of the cards I have been told people have at shows...

jad22
03-30-2015, 05:32 PM
Ok, here's my story. I'm just telling you what I was told..

Maybe 30 years ago I was set up at a Pittsburgh area card show. A young woman came up to my table with a couple of autographed items. One was an old timers dinner program from the 40s/early 50s with a number of signatures including several HOFers. She said her grandfather attended the dinner and got the signatures. Her grandfather, according to her, was a HOFer and appeared in the T206 set. She said he was an autograph collector and the family had quite a few autographs from that era. She then asked if I was familiar with "that Honus Wagner card that was worth a lot of money" and wanted to know what it would be worth autographed. I asked if she had one. She just smiled and walked away. As for what she had with her, she was just showing them around and not trying to sell anything.

A couple of things... I've never heard before or since of the existence of that card. Perhaps someone here knows more. Second, the man she said was her grandfather had also signed the dinner progam. On some level that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

The dinner program was real as were the autographs. But her story....???
I would only believe this if they were found in a barn.