PDA

View Full Version : 1953 Glendale Meats

Zach Wheat
03-27-2015, 09:08 AM
Is anyone else collecting this set? I would like some opinions and/or conjecture about card scarcity in the set. I am not specifically referring to Houtteman in particular - but the others in the set.

Just looking others opinion on the difficulties encountered in collecting the set.

Z Wheat

Gmrson
03-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Is anyone else collecting this set? I would like some opinions and/or conjecture about card scarcity in the set. I am not specifically referring to Houtteman in particular - but the others in the set.

Just looking others opinion on the difficulties encountered in collecting the set.

Z Wheat

I'm currently 10 cards into the set and enjoying the hunt. It's not my #1 priority so I just pick some up occasionally. This thread might provide some info:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=161123

Happy hunting!
Mike Bodner

Zach Wheat
03-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Great thanks Mike. I saw that thread, but thanks for pointing it out. I am 7 cards into the set. There was an old VCBC article which reviewed the set.

Gmrson
03-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Great thanks Mike. I saw that thread, but thanks for pointing it out. I am 7 cards into the set. There was an old VCBC article which reviewed the set.

I'll have to search out that article!

Zach Wheat
03-29-2015, 11:39 AM
I'll have to search out that article!

It looks like it was issue #36, from July 2003. It indicates there were "4 rare cards", mentions Houtteman was scarce due to the redemption contest, but also mentions that "4 others" were scarce as well due the trade with Cleveland, making 5 rare cards in total. The article also mentions that Billy Hoeft, for various unexplained reasons and 4 others involved in a trade. Have others collecting the set found this to be accurate?

This board is not real active - just trying to get some participation going here. For those chime in with a response, I can email the VCBC article to them if desired.

Z Wheat