PDA

View Full Version : Selling collection..looking for dealer..

hangman62
03-22-2015, 02:16 PM
Ive decided to part with the majority of my baseball card collection.

Its mainly lower grade ( VG G F P ), many complete sets,many partial sets,many oddball groups of stuff,

Rough list includes the following complete sets - 1933 Goudey, 1934 Goudey, 1934-36 Diamond Stars, 1934-36 Batter Up, 1953 Topps,..some 60s Topps sets, loads of other stuff, 1930s thru 60s , Yearbooks, memorabilia, limited edition signed statues,etc..

Hoping that an east coast dealer might be interested,and possibly bring it to the National to sell.

Again, many rough cards in collection, but Im being realistic with pricing ,as Ive been collecting for many many years and fully understand - supply/ demand/ grades/values/dealer overhead/ commissions /etc

I want to sell as much as I could in one shot...have ABOSLUTLY NO interest in selling just one set to this guy, one set to that guy

Im working up a price on everything, its going to be above 20 , and I feel at that..someone could easily make money on it

any interested party's feel free to PM me, I will gladly discuss over the phone

Ral G

rjackson44
03-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Ralph pm sent

03-22-2015, 04:13 PM
I'm assuming the requisite fee has been paid for this main board ad? :D

jimivintage
03-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Hate to see you getting out of it, ole buddy! Best of luck to you!

Jimi

JasonD08
03-22-2015, 08:55 PM
I will pay 10% more than what Sean Bassik is offering you.

1952boyntoncollector
03-22-2015, 09:01 PM

I will pay 2% more than what Jason is paying you

clydepepper
03-22-2015, 09:05 PM
I will pay 2% more than what Jason is paying you

I'll pay 12.6781% less than Sean

or

14.999% less than Jake

:eek:

Theo_450
03-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Pm sent.

Centauri
03-22-2015, 10:21 PM
I was told there would be no math...

ksabet
03-23-2015, 08:28 AM
Not sure why anyone would want to bring the feeding frenzy on themselves. Why not use an auction house?

Cozumeleno
03-23-2015, 08:34 AM
Not sure why anyone would want to bring the feeding frenzy on themselves. Why not use an auction house?

Can't speak for the seller, but my guess is that it's to get as many offers as possible. You can always go the auction house route afterwards if you can't get an offer to your liking.

1952boyntoncollector
03-23-2015, 11:05 AM

15-20% auction house loss in fees is a lot... though sometimes people wont offer direct to the seller what they offer at an auction....both seller and buyer both lose when that happens if within that 20%...

iowadoc77
03-23-2015, 12:29 PM
Call me ignorant, but I thought many of the auction houses give the hammer price to the seller and keep the juice for themselves. Am i correct in saying that? That way the seller gets the entire amount that the item "sells" for? If i am incorrect, someone please educate me

btcarfagno
03-23-2015, 12:40 PM
Call me ignorant, but I thought many of the auction houses give the hammer price to the seller and keep the juice for themselves. Am i correct in saying that? That way the seller gets the entire amount that the item "sells" for? If i am incorrect, someone please educate me

Nope. Most of the auction houses (unless there is an agreement between auction house and consignor to the contrary) get a percentage of the sale price from both consignor and buyer. So an item that sells for $1000 means the buyer might be out $1200 and the consignor might receive $850. The house keeps $350.

Tom C

ullmandds
03-23-2015, 12:42 PM
One can negotiate with AH's to wave the consigners fee and in some cases can even obtain part of the AH's fee if the items consigned are that good.

Personally I don't consign to an AH if they charge any consignment fees.

CurtisFlood
03-23-2015, 12:44 PM
I'll pay 5% of low book. That is the Nebraska rule of thumb to assure I will make a profit.

btcarfagno
03-23-2015, 12:50 PM
I'll pay 5% of low book. That is the Nebraska rule of thumb to assure I will make a profit.

Friggin cornhuskers....

:D

Tom C

Rich Klein
03-23-2015, 01:10 PM
There are tons of good auction houses or dealers and you have to decide what is right for you

An auction house such as B&L which does not charge any juice to the seller would be a good way to base anything you want for the lot.

And I think the L part of that group may know something about Net 54 :)

Rich

drcy
03-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Shop around. If you don't like the offers, consign it to an auction house. The sets you list should get good bidding at auction.

hangman62
03-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Guys,
that's for suggestions and funny comments

Im posting pics shortly

Im not selling due to needing money or family issue

just thinking of future..before its on top of me

RalphG

danmckee
03-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Considering an AH, the bidders have to factor in the 15% or 20% juice they are paying so even if the auction house gives you full hammer, you are still possibly losing money you could get from a private sale.

Dan

hangman62
03-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Here are pics.. definitely " collector " grade !

hangman62
03-23-2015, 01:35 PM
-

darkhorse9
03-23-2015, 02:04 PM
Great collection...but I got to admit the dumbbells look rather random.:)

Sean1125
03-23-2015, 02:06 PM

I offered him $24k.

CurtisFlood
03-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures. You have a nice collection of things other collectors like, so whoever buys your stuff will be able to sell it quickly if he doesn't overprice it.

bobbyw8469
03-23-2015, 03:18 PM
If the offers are like that, maybe I should sell my collection! I guess now is as good a time as any to get out!

1952boyntoncollector
03-23-2015, 04:37 PM
bobby you keep saying you will sell your collection..guess we will have to wait a few more years for that to happen

1952boyntoncollector
03-23-2015, 04:39 PM
I offered him $24k.

Jason are you officially offering $26,400? 10% more than Sean...

hangman62
03-23-2015, 05:13 PM
Come on Sean,..I cant take your money !

1952boyntoncollector
03-23-2015, 05:20 PM
got to hang it to sean..he goes out there and makes real offers and doesn't wait around....lots of people talk but no action..

bnorth
03-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Jason are you officially offering $26,400? 10% more than Sean...

Didn't you officially offer 2% over Jason?

1952boyntoncollector
03-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Didn't you officially offer 2% over Jason?

Jason hasn't made an official offer yet.....we will see than what I decide to do as time is an issue ..

Eric72
03-23-2015, 05:59 PM
Gentlemen,

Is the main forum within Net54 the appropriate place for Buy/Sell/Trade negotiations?

Leon
03-23-2015, 06:50 PM
Gentlemen,

Is the main forum within Net54 the appropriate place for Buy/Sell/Trade negotiations?

generally not but it's kind of amusing....

btcarfagno
03-23-2015, 07:04 PM
got to hang it to sean..he goes out there and makes real offers and doesn't wait around....lots of people talk but no action..

Indeed. It's like having Mr Mint around.

Just without all the asshattery and sliminess.

Tom C

Sean1125
03-23-2015, 07:08 PM
I always see people take pot shots at how I pay nothing for what I buy.

The funny thing is I'm sure if they ran stuff by me they would see quite the opposite.

To you gentlemen I say, put your money where your mouth is.

Sean

Theo_450
03-23-2015, 07:12 PM
Shop auction houses. Take your time, there will be offers. Some better than others. Make phone calls and find someone you feel you can trust, that offers reasonable fees (juice), and will get your items the most/best exposure. When I liquidated I had about 10 auction houses that I quickly narrowed to five. Had long phone conversations with three, and very longtime conversations with two before I decided.

03-23-2015, 07:12 PM
I offered him $24k.

If the offers are like that, maybe I should sell my collection! I guess now is as good a time as any to get out!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-WCFUGCOLLU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Theo_450
03-23-2015, 07:13 PM
Guys,
that's for suggestions and funny comments

Im posting pics shortly

Im not selling due to needing money or family issue

just thinking of future..before its on top of me

RalphG

Yes! We need pics! Thank you!

mattsey9
03-23-2015, 07:23 PM
As a fellow low-grade collector, I loved seeing the photos of your cards. I particularly look forward to the 34 Goudeys hitting the market. Good luck with your sale.

Mike

JasonD08
03-24-2015, 06:47 AM
Ralph

I completely agree with Sean here. If he is indeed offering you $24K for this collection take it. My guess is he will act sincere and then disappear like he usually does because he is busy. If he can pay the $24K I would take it. As far as AH route I would agree with exploring that avenue IF the collection was mid grade or better. Low grade sets and collections do not fair well in AH settings. You would get roasted and a buyer will always consider the 20% commission in his/her bid. Sean…..what no midgets in chi-town? I had a couple of dealer friends who were sad you didn't show, but I know you are busy. Sold the autos, but kept about 6 boxes of the premium stuff. When you are serious enough to answer emails after I spent a day and a half getting you your detailed list, let me know and maybe I can get you a deal done. Ralph, good luck on the sale and if I were you I would take Sean up.

Jason

Econteachert205
03-24-2015, 06:53 AM
Ralph, great collection. That being said based on what you said and shown, 24k seems pretty good. Have you done a cost analysis? I dont know if I could let go of the Ruth'\s and Gehrigs.

1952boyntoncollector
03-24-2015, 06:56 AM
Ralph, great collection. That being said based on what you said and shown, 24k seems pretty good. Have you done a cost analysis? I dont know if I could let go of the Ruth'\s and Gehrigs.

many of those ruths are only in the 1000-2000 range and would be required to get a big offer like seans..

I guess my 2% offer over Jason's turns out to be 0 since he offered 0....got to hand it to sean hes not all talk...

wolf441
03-24-2015, 07:01 AM

I love the way that you run the forum Leon!! :D

Sure there are rules, but everything doesn't have to be black and white (like some other sites that shall remain nameless). This thread isn't hurting anyone, its not malicious and it is enjoyable to watch!

jburl
03-24-2015, 07:13 AM

Sure there are rules, but everything doesn't have to be black and white (like some other sites that shall remain nameless). This thread isn't hurting anyone, its not malicious and it is enjoyable to watch!

+1

veleno45
03-24-2015, 07:15 AM

I agree. This is good entertainment for some of us. Someone should call A&E and get a "Card Wars" TV show started. They would have all their personalities right here on the forum. Brokering big money deals in front of everyone, soak or don't soak, cracking open slabs, fellow dealers screwing each other and being called out, real or fake cards...it's like a middle aged mans soap opera. Love it.

btcarfagno
03-24-2015, 07:21 AM
I agree. This is good entertainment for some of us. Someone should call A&E and get a "Card Wars" TV show started. They would have all their personalities right here on the forum. Brokering big money deals in front of everyone, soak or don't soak, cracking open slabs, fellow dealers screwing each other and being called out, real or fake cards...it's like a middle aged mans soap opera. Love it.

Then they could head over to the autograph side...

Although things have been somewhat quiet there lately. Everyone playing nicey nice.

Tom C

Donscards
03-24-2015, 07:28 AM
Ralph---I would say Sean made a very good offer of 24K---I would say the Ruths would sell for $1000-1200---From what I see from your scans, collection looks good (lower grade but looks like alot of stuff)--It would help if you provided a few more details----I did email you and you responded where you wanted my phone number, which I sent you, but I didnt receive a call.---Again from what I see of the scans---I would take the 24K. Don

hangman62
03-24-2015, 07:32 AM
Thanks to all for comments, encouragement, opinions, and suggestions

I now have the paint remover and scrub brush out and erasing my comment of -

I will NOT break up collection and sell one set to this guy, one set to that guy

Aahh....finding out its in my best interest to possibly try and sell it one at a time...throw one to this auction house..throw one on ebay..sell one to this guy,etc..

My advantage is there is no urgency to sell ASAP

RalphG

PM770
03-24-2015, 07:46 AM
Thanks for those pictures Ralph. Its beautiful to see all four of the Goudey Ruths sitting together.

rjackson44
03-24-2015, 07:48 AM
ralph is a standup person best of luck man ,,

1952boyntoncollector
03-24-2015, 07:53 AM
there are like 5 or 6 stages when trying to sell a collection...it like losing a loved one...

1. first you think when try to sell it suddenly there will be ZERO market out there and you don't want to get stuck holding the bag

2. then you just hope to get something, and are happy when you start to get offers in

3. Then suddenly it hits you, maybe you maximize what you can get and realize you don't have to sell immediately

4. Then you start to think about missing the cards and now that you know they have value you start second guessing

5 Then you really not attempt to sell your cards anymore unless you get a unrealistic BIN price you see on ebay

6. Go back to 1..

Orioles1954
03-24-2015, 08:17 AM
Like losing a loved one? Vintage baseball cards are cool, but ascribing emotional value to inanimate objects? Best of luck with your sale!

gawaintheknight
03-24-2015, 08:25 AM
If you're gonna break it up, please PM or e-mail me a list if you have one. I have some lower grade sets going and I think we've dealt before....would be especially interested in pre-war Reds. Thanks.

Bocabirdman
03-24-2015, 08:40 AM
there are like 5 or 6 stages when trying to sell a collection...it like losing a loved one...

1. first you think when try to sell it suddenly there will be ZERO market out there and you don't want to get stuck holding the bag

2. then you just hope to get something, and are happy when you start to get offers in

3. Then suddenly it hits you, maybe you maximize what you can get and realize you don't have to sell immediately

4. Then you start to think about missing the cards and now that you know they have value you start second guessing

5 Then you really not attempt to sell your cards anymore unless you get a unrealistic BIN price you see on ebay

6. Go back to 1..

You forgot 5.1.....See a card that you have been looking for forever.

5.2 Buy it and smile.

ullmandds
03-24-2015, 08:41 AM
i don't think I will EVER sell every card I own...most...sure...but I will always keep some that are special to me.

btcarfagno
03-24-2015, 08:49 AM
I have to say that seeing those cards "raw" like that is terrific. The 52 Bowman Mantle sitting loose on top of a pile of other 52 Bowmans. 57 Topps Williams sitting on a massive pile of other 57 Topps cards. It's a wonderful image.

Tom C

1952boyntoncollector
03-24-2015, 09:21 AM
You forgot 5.1.....See a card that you have been looking for forever.

5.2 Buy it and smile.

usually to get to 5.1 you just sold some cards to get out of the market..only to come back in to buy cards you like more with 'card money' so it not real money....

freakhappy
03-24-2015, 09:33 AM
I have to say that seeing those cards "raw" like that is terrific. The 52 Bowman Mantle sitting loose on top of a pile of other 52 Bowmans. 57 Topps Williams sitting on a massive pile of other 57 Topps cards. It's a wonderful image.

Tom C

+1...I was thinking the same thing. You don't see raw piles and binders like that everyday! [emoji33]

jburl
03-24-2015, 09:43 AM
PM Sent

JasonD08
03-24-2015, 10:01 AM
many of those ruths are only in the 1000-2000 range and would be required to get a big offer like seams..

I guess my 2% offer over Jason's turns out to be 0 since he offered 0....got to hand it to sean hes not all talk...

I have no interest losing $$ on a low grade collection. As for Sean a doubt he will follow through. If so take it and run Ralph. Nice collection and a lot of completion! Sean if you buy and flip it for profit you can call me on my stuff. Also I am hoping you followed up with Leon per our last phone conversation to shed light on what happened considering you had Leon call me with threat over suit. Perhaps you can clear my good name and water under the bridge. I can forgive and move on. Make this deal with Ralph then we can talk on my stuff.

Jason

1952boyntoncollector
03-24-2015, 10:12 AM
many of those ruths are only in the 1000-2000 range and would be required to get a big offer like seams..

I have no interest losing $$ on a low grade collection. As for Sean a doubt he will follow through. If so take it and run Ralph. Nice collection and a lot of completion! Sean if you buy and flip it for profit you can call me on my stuff. Also I am hoping you followed up with Leon per our last phone conversation to shed light on what happened considering you had Leon call me with threat over suit. Perhaps you can clear my good name and water under the bridge. I can forgive and move on. Make this deal with Ralph then we can talk on my stuff.

Jason

it not a good start to clear your good name when you state you will pay 10% over sean..and basically implying sean is lowballing so you can make a blanket offer above ...then when he makes an offer now you say its so high you cant beat it....those positions a bit opposite...just saying....

1952boyntoncollector
03-24-2015, 10:26 AM
ralph seemed to go from step 1 to step 5 really fast

first says he knows about the offers from dealers and that they have costs etc which will account to their offer price but its fine and wants to sell all at once..

then everyone is saying 24k more than enough and to take it and run

now ralph thinking he can get more and suddenly not interested in selling despite multiple posters stating 24k up front right now is a really really good deal.....so much in fact that they don't think Sean is serious..

Ralph went from selling all to now going through the long hard process of breaking up cards paying AH fees and hoping it adds up better then the offer he received..just breaking even wouldn't be a good deal with all the time and effort involved in breaking things up and logistics, dealing with multiple buyers/issues etc...

he can do what he wants...just interesting to see the steps play out...

Runscott
03-24-2015, 10:30 AM

Yep.

Buying collections is tough - if you have any sense as a buyer you have to be able to come up with market value; otherwise, you can't make an offer that makes any sense. And as a seller you have to do the same or you have no idea what offers are reasonable. I've found that on Net54, a situation like this is like 'make me an offer' on one card, but with the headaches multiplied exponentially. Too much work for a 'feeler'. So yes, kind of amusing.

Sean1125
03-24-2015, 10:36 AM

Jason

That happened 13 months ago. I'm confused - why is this being rehashed?

Runscott
03-24-2015, 10:41 AM

You've never been married?

Bocabirdman
03-24-2015, 10:53 AM

I know... I still get grief for the toilet seat being left up in '87.:D

vintagetoppsguy
03-24-2015, 10:53 AM

LOL! Funniest post in this thread.

Runscott
03-24-2015, 10:57 AM

So does Hillary.

I hope Ralf isn't getting upset at our interrupting his deal. Also, kudos to Sean for being willing to do so much math so often.

wolf441
03-24-2015, 10:58 AM

+1. I love it! I can picture all the married guys on the board nodding as they read that quote!

freakhappy
03-24-2015, 10:58 AM

Sorry, Mike...but I think you kept the non-keeper :(;)

Bocabirdman
03-24-2015, 11:07 AM
Sorry, Mike...but I think you kept the non-keeper :(;)

cheaper to keep her..........

freakhappy
03-24-2015, 11:09 AM

At least you have cards to keep you happy [emoji41]

Runscott
03-24-2015, 11:24 AM

haha. Don't have babies and be a pauper. Then all you have to do is pretend to be miserable any time she contacts you, and she'll be happy.

Luke
03-24-2015, 11:36 AM
That's a cool collection. From what I can see, I would take Sean's offer. I can imagine you might go through a lot of additional steps and different avenues, only to net less than $24k. People are often hesitant to take the first offer and regret it later. Good luck with the sale whatever you do.

wonkaticket
03-24-2015, 11:40 AM

Agree it's really silly when people bring up year old drama that nobody seems to care about, especially when it really only revolves around them and perhaps one other person. :rolleyes:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=175664&page=2

btcarfagno
03-24-2015, 11:51 AM
Agree it's really silly when people bring up year old drama that nobody seems to care about, especially when it really only revolves around them and perhaps one other person. :rolleyes:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=175664&page=2

Beware the midgets!

Is that politically incorrect to call them? Vertically challenged?

Tom C

wolf441
03-24-2015, 11:59 AM
Beware the midgets!

Is that politically incorrect to call them? Vertically challenged?

Tom C

I believe the politically correct term is "little people"....which must be the only politically correct term that sounds more offensive than the original term. :eek:

Bocabirdman
03-24-2015, 12:06 PM
I believe the politically correct term is "little people"....which must be the only politically correct term that sounds more offensive than the original term. :eek:

Cue Randy Newman?!

1952boyntoncollector
03-24-2015, 12:07 PM
That's a cool collection. From what I can see, I would take Sean's offer. I can imagine you might go through a lot of additional steps and different avenues, only to net less than $24k. People are often hesitant to take the first offer and regret it later. Good luck with the sale whatever you do.

Yeah I like to make aggressive first offers as well on cards I been looking for...I actually think first offers are usually the best cause they come from people actively looking for that card and try to get it before its snapped up..

when I make an offer and the card is listed for awhile and the seller comes back to me after a long while I usually offer less cause I assume the seller used my offer to try to get people to pay more and couldn't..thus I don't want to be heads and shoulder above everyone elses offer....less value for me at that point....and I believe I overvalued the product in the beginning and adjust for that.

Jewish-collector
03-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Why not set up a table & sell it all at the Atlantic City National in 2016 if you can wait that long ?

Runscott
03-24-2015, 01:17 PM
Yeah I like to make aggressive first offers as well on cards I been looking for...I actually think first offers are usually the best cause they come from people actively looking for that card and try to get it before its snapped up..

when I make an offer and the card is listed for awhile and the seller comes back to me after a long while I usually offer less cause I assume the seller used my offer to try to get people to pay more and couldn't..thus I don't want to be heads and shoulder above everyone elses offer....less value for me at that point....and I believe I overvalued the product in the beginning and adjust for that.

Jake, you should write a book. Seriously - a lot of your ideas are ground-breaking.

1952boyntoncollector
03-24-2015, 01:34 PM
Jake, you should write a book. Seriously - a lot of your ideas are ground-breaking.

Scott - Ill let you know, cant wait for your first meaningful post...pins and needles...

JasonD08
03-24-2015, 02:32 PM
1952- Are you one of Sean's midget bodyguards?

Sean- Nothing being re-hashed, why did you wait and call me a couple of weeks ago explaining that it was Greg's fault and you parted ways because of issues like mine all the while inquiring about a collection I still had. But you seem to forget you had Leon call me and threaten lawsuit etc etc. Yes maybe bad on Leon, but bad on you as well. Bad on me for sending Greg your cards. If I were you I would take what cash you have and invest in real estate because your card knowledge is lacking as well as your ethics in business and dealing with people. In my experience, if you have limited knowledge in a field you would like to get into to, you must conduct business ethically and as polite and follow through with return calls or emails. Otherwise you get cut from business with that person or franchise. If you have all of the knowledge and short on ethics and couth, then you will soon find yourself black-balled perhaps from a great source of wealth. Just my 2 cents. Take it and spend it however you wish.

Jason

ullmandds
03-24-2015, 02:34 PM
For a thread that shouldn't even exist...atleast not in this section...it maybe time to make some popcorn!

Sean1125
03-24-2015, 02:43 PM

Sean- Nothing being re-hashed, why did you wait and call me a couple of weeks ago explaining that it was Greg's fault and you parted ways because of issues like mine all the while inquiring about a collection I still had. But you seem to forget you had Leon call me and threaten lawsuit etc etc. Yes maybe bad on Leon, but bad on you as well. Bad on me for sending Greg your cards. If I were you I would take what cash you have and invest in real estate because your card knowledge is lacking as well as your ethics in business and dealing with people. In my experience, if you have limited knowledge in a field you would like to get into to, you must conduct business ethically and as polite and follow through with return calls or emails. Otherwise you get cut from business with that person or franchise. If you have all of the knowledge and short on ethics and cough, then you will soon find yourself black-balled perhaps from a great source of wealth. Just my 2 cents. Take it and spend it however you wish.

Jason

To say you put a spin on events is an understatement. I'm beginning to think you are a compulsive liar.

Runscott
03-24-2015, 02:49 PM
Scott - Ill let you know, cant wait for your first meaningful post...pins and needles...

Quit calling yourself 'Scott'.

Runscott
03-24-2015, 02:51 PM

Jason

I wonder if such people are offended by the term 'mental midget'? I'm sure they would be offended by your linking them to our budding author.

Paul S
03-24-2015, 03:12 PM
For a thread that shouldn't even exist...atleast not in this section...it maybe time to make some popcorn!

I like my popcorn unamused.

jhs5120
03-24-2015, 03:34 PM
I love it.

Person "B" posts a blanket bid offering to beat Person "A" by 10%

Person "C" posts a blanket bid offering to beat Person "B" by 2%

Person "A" makes his offer public.

Person "B" backs out of his previous offer made.

Person "C" also backs out of his previous offer made.

Argument ensues.

Seriously, can someone pass me the popcorn?! :D

mattsey9
03-24-2015, 03:44 PM

http://cdn.postplanner.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/image.png

slidekellyslide
03-24-2015, 03:48 PM
Friggin cornhuskers....

:D

Tom C

Hey now!! :D

calvindog
03-24-2015, 04:57 PM
jake, you should write a book. Seriously - a lot of your ideas are ground-breaking.

lol

bobbyw8469
03-24-2015, 05:11 PM
Sounds like person A is the force to be reckoned with. For the life of me, I can't figure out why the OP hasn't jumped all over the offer, because, to be quite frank, I just don't see $24,000 out there. Granted, it is extremely difficult to base a price based on a few pics. But if the $24,000 was indeed valid, then my hats off to Sean. He put an offer out there, and was met with crickets.

SMPEP
03-24-2015, 05:38 PM
It's funny - one guy looks to sell his collection, and look where it leads too!

Maybe we can tell our wives that we have to keep our cards for the safety of society.

1952boyntoncollector
03-24-2015, 07:15 PM
I love it.

Person "B" posts a blanket bid offering to beat Person "A" by 10%

Person "C" posts a blanket bid offering to beat Person "B" by 2%

Person "A" makes his offer public.

Person "B" backs out of his previous offer made.

Person "C" also backs out of his previous offer made.

Argument ensues.

wrong on person C.....person B offered 0..person C offered 2% more than offer C.....if math is right..thats 0 too....

Also seller backed out and decided to take back what he said earlier about selling all at same time......Sean only one that had the opportunity to follow through and did ...everyone else backed out or didn't have the opportunity to back out

bobbyw8469
03-24-2015, 07:26 PM
No....I think Jason had a pretty good handle on how it played out.

JasonD08
03-24-2015, 08:04 PM
Sean

I am the liar seriously? I would also go out on a limb and say that Sean's offer of $24K is a farce. He would never go through with that offer. His mouth is overloading his arse again. Of course I could be wrong…..in that case the OP can thank me for his follow through because the only way he does it is to try to make a point or save face. Sean you just inquired about my collection of autographed cards, asked for tons of details which I provided, then over the phone admitted the last deal I sold you and you had me ship to Greg Morris was not a bad deal as Mr. Morris had said. Not re-hashing, but you contacted me…..13 months after you tried to sick Leon on me. Wonder why that partnership went south? I have never tried to harm any deals or your integrity until you tried to muscle the wrong person. You tried to bite off more than you could chew and it bit you in the arse. I hope you learn and move on. Perhaps once you eat some humble pie and an apology takes place I would be happy to help you out again. I told you where a couple of deals were…..I cannot help that some dealers will not deal or sell to you because of reputation. Perhaps that is why I can buy the same deals for 1/3 of the price. My piece is said and if you have anything else to "re-hash" as you say you have my number and of course there is private message of which Leon can see I am sure.

Take care,
Jason

Sean1125
03-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Sean

I am the liar seriously? I would also go out on a limb and say that Sean's offer of $24K is a farce. He would never go through with that offer. His mouth is overloading his arse again. Of course I could be wrong…..in that case the OP can thank me for his follow through because the only way he does it is to try to make a point or save face. Sean you just inquired about my collection of autographed cards, asked for tons of details which I provided, then over the phone admitted the last deal I sold you and you had me ship to Greg Morris was not a bad deal as Mr. Morris had said. Not re-hashing, but you contacted me…..13 months after you tried to sick Leon on me. Wonder why that partnership went south? I have never tried to harm any deals or your integrity until you tried to muscle the wrong person. You tried to bite off more than you could chew and it bit you in the arse. I hope you learn and move on. Perhaps once you eat some humble pie and an apology takes place I would be happy to help you out again. I told you where a couple of deals were…..I cannot help that some dealers will not deal or sell to you because of reputation. Perhaps that is why I can buy the same deals for 1/3 of the price. My piece is said and if you have anything else to "re-hash" as you say you have my number and of course there is private message of which Leon can see I am sure.

Take care,
Jason

An amicable parting is far from "going south". I echo my earlier sentiment.

JasonD08
03-24-2015, 08:29 PM
OK Sean sure you do. Good luck in this business buddy.

grainsley
03-24-2015, 08:47 PM
Ralph knows how to get a thread going.

ksabet
03-24-2015, 08:50 PM
OK Sean sure you do. Good luck in this business buddy.

I don't know Sean (I have heard good and bad) but you are starting to look a bit petty.

As my 4-year-old sings all day..."Let it gooooo....Let it gooooo...."

toledo_mudhen
03-25-2015, 05:09 AM
Where is Nebraska located? US?

wolf441
03-25-2015, 05:15 AM
Where is Nebraska located? US?

Yup, it's part of the country that is situated just North of the Republic of Texas. :D

bobbyw8469
03-25-2015, 05:28 AM
Also seller backed out and decided to take back what he said earlier about selling all at same time......Sean only one that had the opportunity to follow through and did ...everyone else backed out or didn't have the opportunity to back out

Well, if the seller backed out over $24,000, then he obviously thinks his collection is worth more than it actually is. Typically Craig's Lister (albeit nicer cards), but still someone who values their stuff more than it actually is worth. My best advice is still sell stuff yourself. I know it is work. But you will see what the items actually bring. Most of your value is in the graded Ruth's.

bbcard1
03-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Just a few observations.
_ I don't think the cards shown were all the cards there were if you look back at the original description.
_Seans offer seemed very fair, considerably higher that most dealer offers of a percentage basis, but on the other hand, there isn't a ton of chaff in this despite its grade. It is all stuff that can be sold in chunks and unlike, say, a 1969 Reggie Jackson Rookie, very few things that a dealer is likely to have a ton of duplication of.
- The seller might have decided to piece it out. On the one hand, he is essentially eliminating the middleman, on the other there are costs and considerable effort involved. The payday is probably between $2500-$5000 more than the offer, which if you are in no rush may or may not be worth it. He will almost certainly not get as much out of it as a dealer would.
_So long as I am sharing, I don't really like regular donuts. I am down for a good chocolate covered, or something like a vanilla Bismark, but the regular ones just seem doughy and not worth the calories.

ZachS
03-25-2015, 07:00 AM
I'm glad Leon let this one ride... it's been entertaining.

I'm a fan of those buttermilk donuts myself.

http://chicago.seriouseats.com/images/20111216-183962-standing-room-only-doughnut-vault-3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GJNX1U4.gif

bnorth
03-25-2015, 07:31 AM
I'm glad Leon let this one ride... it's been entertaining.

I'm a fan of those buttermilk donuts myself.

http://chicago.seriouseats.com/images/20111216-183962-standing-room-only-doughnut-vault-3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GJNX1U4.gif

A BIG +1 on letting the thread run and on those buttermilk donuts.

As far as the buyers people are focusing on 1 of them is so slimy I wont even enter into a free contest that they are the prize giver. 1 of them I had a very nice transaction with and 1 is a internet troll. Just my opinion and my name is Ben North and I approve this post.;)

sycks22
03-25-2015, 07:34 AM
Can't go wrong with a quality gas station apple fritter

frankbmd
03-25-2015, 07:48 AM
If a deal is ever consummated, this thread could still go postal as well. Hope we get tracking numbers.:D:D:D

bobbyw8469
03-25-2015, 09:13 AM
LMFAO. I could say something smart, but I won't. As far as donuts, I just had one that had maple frosting topped with bacon bits. It was DELICIOUS!!

Paul S
03-25-2015, 09:47 AM
That's the IHOP Special without having to go the IHOP.

1952boyntoncollector
03-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Just a few observations.
_ I don't think the cards shown were all the cards there were if you look back at the original description.
_Seans offer seemed very fair, considerably higher that most dealer offers of a percentage basis, but on the other hand, there isn't a ton of chaff in this despite its grade. It is all stuff that can be sold in chunks and unlike, say, a 1969 Reggie Jackson Rookie, very few things that a dealer is likely to have a ton of duplication of.
- The seller might have decided to piece it out. On the one hand, he is essentially eliminating the middleman, on the other there are costs and considerable effort involved. The payday is probably between $2500-$5000 more than the offer, which if you are in no rush may or may not be worth it. He will almost certainly not get as much out of it as a dealer would.
_So long as I am sharing, I don't really like regular donuts. I am down for a good chocolate covered, or something like a vanilla Bismark, but the regular ones just seem doughy and not worth the calories.

the guy did say "selling collection looking for a dealer".......so I think its logical to assume you was looking for a middleman...

Bocabirdman
03-25-2015, 01:13 PM
the guy did say "selling collection looking for a dealer".......so I think its logical to assume you was looking for a middleman...

He also said that he was retracting the desire to find a single buyer. It seems he realized that he was leaving too much money on the table doing it that way.

1952boyntoncollector
03-25-2015, 01:26 PM
He also said that he was retracting the desire to find a single buyer. It seems he realized that he was leaving too much money on the table doing it that way.

right I said he backed out...thus the buyers did not back out...seems though people disagree here that he left money on the table..sometimes first offer is best offer..

JasonD08
03-25-2015, 02:38 PM
Ben

I hope you enjoyed the Ted Williams. Thanks for the business.

Jason

hangman62
03-25-2015, 02:40 PM
Guys
lets calm down with all the nonsense and he said / she said ( although I find it extremely entertaining ! and if anyone doesn't want to stop..OK lets keep the laughs coming ! )

I would like to cut out the middleman and sell directly to a fellow lesser condition collector

I feel I will get more money,I feel I will get( hopefully) what I ask for,and I think it will be a fair price .

I know prices/values/grades pretty well. Im hoping it will work out that its a price that doesn't make a guy overpay..and on the other hand - not a price that in two weeks its on ebay for $900 more ( although ..if that happened, nothing I could do about it)

I am intrigued by Auction houses that will not take a cut of my profit at the end..but I just have the fear that..suppose its a " slow week" and the 1933 Goudey complete set only sells for 3,000. It would be tough to handle

Im still going thru offers and hope to eventually call back all who inquired

RalphG

bbcard1
03-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Ralph, all that's well and good, but for heaven's sake, where do you stand on the donuts, man? :)

Luke
03-25-2015, 03:27 PM
I still think I'd take the $24k. Then I'd buy some nice high-end graded cards with some of the money. Cards that would be easy to sell when I was gone, but I could enjoy in the meantime. And I don't think you can go wrong with a chocolate cake donut.

clydepepper
03-25-2015, 03:31 PM
Ralph - I hope you stay in the hobby - I too have started selling off a few, but I'm not ready to liquidate all.

Frank - That's a classic I'm also LMAO

Luke - that looks delicious!

buymycards
03-25-2015, 03:36 PM
Hi Frank, your photos is hilarious. I hope there weren't any baseball cards in that vehicle.

All of this donut talk makes me want to head for the nearest Krispy Kreme for a maple glazed donut.

Rick

GoldenAge50s
03-25-2015, 04:10 PM
Maple Frosted from Dunkin' is MY donut of choice!

tschock
03-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Time to make the donuts!

JollyElm
03-25-2015, 05:02 PM
I moved to California…and they don't have Dunkin' Donuts out here!!!!!! I'm at my wit's end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edjs
03-25-2015, 05:44 PM
Donuts are evil. Delicious evil.

brass_rat
03-25-2015, 06:07 PM
Something to look forward to -- if you're headed to Chicago for the National, be sure to check out Do-Rite Donuts (http://doritedonuts.com) on W. Randolph Street! I'm going to power up for Fri/Sat/Sun with a Candied Maple Bacon!

Steve

7nohitter
03-25-2015, 06:33 PM
Nothing beats the Boston Cream!

hangman62
03-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Im taking the 24K ..moving to Colorado..and opening up one of those new all natural " specialty" stores !

bobbyw8469
03-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Im taking the 24K ..moving to Colorado..and opening up one of those new all natural " specialty" stores !

Nice!! Tell Nancy Botwin we said hello!

bobfreedman
03-25-2015, 07:04 PM
Hot Krispy Kreme's

hangman62
03-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Well, not really ...Im "sheepishly" announcing that I "can not" sell my collection.
I tried...went back and forth so many times...took advice/suggestions/offers from dozens and dozens of collectors/ dealers/buys/auctioneers,etc...

Every time I put another set in the shipping box...I took it back out .." No , I don't want to get rid of that one"...then do the same thing with the next set ! LOL

Just cant seem to breakaway, I just love collecting" photos of men I never met before"

Like Pacino in the Godfather - "Every time I get out.. they keep pulling me back in ! "

For the haters who might say... Oh..he did that to show off his collection..( no not really.. those G F P cards are nothing to brag about)

or.. he was just trying to gauge the market for his stuff ( again..no..not really...beat up stuff is beat up stuff)

So anyway, I appreciate all the offers and suggestions, but I guess Im gonna keep on being a full grown adult.." who still collects baseball cards " !

Ralph G

glynparson
03-27-2015, 03:07 PM
I am in. Please let me know where to sign up for that deal. Lol. Congrats on keeping your collection.

jburl
03-27-2015, 03:10 PM
Well, not really ...Im "sheepishly" announcing that I "can not" sell my collection.
I tried...went back and forth so many times...took advice/suggestions/offers from dozens and dozens of collectors/ dealers/buys/auctioneers,etc...

Every time I put another set in the shipping box...I took it back out .." No , I don't want to get rid of that one"...then do the same thing with the next set ! LOL

Just cant seem to breakaway, I just love collecting" photos of men I never met before"

Like Pacino in the Godfather - "Every time I get out.. they keep pulling me back in ! "

For the haters who might say... Oh..he did that to show off his collection..( no not really.. those G F P cards are nothing to brag about)

or.. he was just trying to gauge the market for his stuff ( again..no..not really...beat up stuff is beat up stuff)

So anyway, I appreciate all the offers and suggestions, but I guess Im gonna keep on being a full grown adult.." who still collects baseball cards " !

Ralph G

I completely understand! Keep them as long as you enjoy them.

Burl (Justin Burleson)

wolf441
03-27-2015, 03:16 PM
I completely understand! Keep them as long as you enjoy them.

Burl (Justin Burleson)

+1. To paraphrase one of my favorite movies....

WERE WE NOT ENTERTAINED??!!!!

buymycards
03-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Does this mean we don't get donuts?

bbcard1
03-27-2015, 03:38 PM
You can always sell it later. But you can only sell it once (with the exception of a 1954 Topps Aaron i have which I have bought and sold three times to far).

vintagetoppsguy
03-27-2015, 04:44 PM

Ralph G

This is a BIG -1

You should have made up your mind before you posted it for sale...in the wrong forum nonetheless. You wasted people's time.

Bad move IMO.

7nohitter
03-27-2015, 05:00 PM
David,

I don't know that he intended to 'waste' people's time. I think he had a desire, whether impulsive or planned, to sell. I think after making the initial post he probably had 'seller's remorse' and decided to keep his collection.

In my opinion, no harm, no foul.

But yes, in the wrong section!

hangman62
03-27-2015, 05:00 PM
David,

OMG... You gave me a BIG minus 1 !

I think you should shut your pie hole

Ralph G

ibuysportsephemera
03-27-2015, 05:08 PM
David,

Ralph G

A Big Plus 1. Ralph and I had a nice discussion by phone and we never would have met if it wasn't for this thread. I don't understand some peoples negativity?

Jeff

1952boyntoncollector
03-27-2015, 05:09 PM
David,

Ralph G

So back to my steps..you will repeat the process again and again only natural....when the card prices crash though many collectors will be holding the bag but its not like we are in it for the money..its a hobby and hobbys cost money...so I say keep the cards until the crash...

nolemmings
03-27-2015, 05:20 PM
I moved to California…and they don't have Dunkin' Donuts out here!!!!!! I'm at my wit's end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never fear, help is on the way.
http://www.eater.com/2014/11/24/7277223/dunkin-donuts-63-new-locations-california

vintagetoppsguy
03-27-2015, 05:23 PM
I don't know that he intended to 'waste' people's time.

Whether he intended to or not, he did.

offers from dozens and dozens of collectors/ dealers

And it's not the first time either...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=146858

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=181886

wolf441
03-27-2015, 05:30 PM

The first thread you posted seemed entertaining as well (Leon even commented as such). The second was two posts long. Lighten up a little, no one forced you to come along for the ride.

vintagetoppsguy
03-27-2015, 05:40 PM
The first thread you posted seemed entertaining

If you consider listing cards for sale on the B/S/T (with prices and scans) and then not following through as 'entertaining' then so be it.

bnorth
03-27-2015, 05:46 PM
If you consider listing cards for sale on the B/S/T (with prices and scans) and then not following through as 'entertaining' then so be it.

I like entertainment as much as any body but it seems all the OP did was waste a lot of peoples time and wasn't the first time.

I also vote a BIG -1 for the OP.

vthobby
03-27-2015, 06:18 PM
I agree 100%. It was like a dopey soap opera that ended badly. Don't they all?

Peace, Mike

GoldenAge50s
03-27-2015, 06:44 PM
To those that value their time so much--What are you doing hanging out an a Chat Board?:confused:

gregr2
03-27-2015, 06:44 PM
To those that value their time so much--What are you doing hanging out an a Chat Board?:confused:
Lol good point!

poorlydrawncat
03-27-2015, 07:58 PM

Honestly it's this kind of pettiness that keeps me away from the boards and collecting in general. So the guy decides not to sell his stuff after offering it for sale. I get why it might make you wary of doing business with him in the future, but seriously why make a big issue out of it like this is all super serious business?

There are so few people in this hobby to begin with and the ranks are thinning. You'd think there'd be more of a sense of understanding and community but it seems like every thread, regardless of what it's about, devolves into some sort of petty dispute over something immensely inconsequential. As a younger member of the hobby who hangs out on the fringes, it's a huge turnoff.

With such a small community we should be looking out for one another. I'd be more concerned if someone sold something and regretted it than if they offered something for sale and subsequently withdrew it. I would never want to buy a card from someone who regretted selling it to me and wanted it back in their collection. And if it wastes my time or costs me a few postage stamps so be it. It's a small price to pay in order to preserve the sense of community and friendliness that as a kid brought me back to the card store week after week.

03-27-2015, 08:21 PM
This reminds me of that lesser known Aesop fable: The Man Who Cried "Cards For Sale".

familytoad
03-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Great post, Brenden and great counterpoint Fred. (+others)

Some of us who waste time on chat boards know how to ignore , overlook and avoid drama if we want to. What harm does a post about old baseball cards maybe being for sale, or maybe not being for sale do? I didn't forcibly waste my time and I regretfully read the whole thing:cool:

It's not the OP (Ralph) who spun this thread out of focus into yet another diatribe and non-topic feud. It certainly could have remained more civil with posts wishing Ralph the best with his decision. (Hi Ralph, glad you are keeping the cards!)

Maybe the post counts turned the thread into a "must-read" , but it didn't have to be filled with such attacks. The posts that didn't involve donuts generally were caustic. We can do better as a group.

That doesn't mean that topics of concern or harm to the hobbyists (I mean the hobby *dollars* of course) aren't worthy of negative or constructive commentary.

It's really not hard to see the topics and threads that are harmless...(and treat them as such) if you try.

vintagetoppsguy
03-28-2015, 09:25 AM
I can't believe some people are sticking up for this guy. :confused:

Do you seriously think it's okay to list items for sale, post pictures and prices, and then withdraw the items...multiple times???

In my world, that's considered flakey.

Edited to add: Even by his own admission, he wasted the time of "dozens and dozens of collectors/ dealers/buys/auctioneers". You justify that???

GoldenAge50s
03-28-2015, 09:29 AM
I can't believe some people are sticking up for this guy. :confused:

Do you seriously think it's okay to list items for sale, post pictures and prices, and then withdraw the items...multiple times???

In my world, that's considered flakey.

David--

Please explain "what harm has it done"?

wolf441
03-28-2015, 09:36 AM
David--

+1. Other than some wasted time.....Which is one of the main reasons some of us frequent Net54, to take a break from the "real world".

Why do you want to roast a guy because he had a change of heart about selling his collection? Something many of us that love the hobby can understand. The OP didn't contribute the majority of the posts either, we took this thread in a bunch of directions (including donuts....eeeemmmm donuts....).

Everything doesn't have to revolve around constantly consummating deals. This isn't heart surgery...

Best,

Steve ;)

vintagetoppsguy
03-28-2015, 09:42 AM
David--

This is a two part answer. To the OP, he's probably harmed his credibility and integrity for future sales. To the 'dozens and dozens" of people that were interested and made offers, it wasted their time.

vintagetoppsguy
03-28-2015, 09:46 AM
Why do you want to roast a guy because he had a change of heart about selling his collection?

I don't want to roast him, but I do want to call him out because this IS NOT the first time he's done it. What don't you get about that?

1952boyntoncollector
03-28-2015, 10:02 AM

6. Go back to 1..

Should of just read my rules and we knew he would go to step one and no ones time is wasted.......I know he says he will keep the cards. but if someone offered him 50k I don't think he would of had the same change of heart :)

PM770
03-30-2015, 08:07 AM
David, I appreciate the all contributions you've made to the forum over the years. But do you realize you have made 5 posts to this thread since your "Big -1" for the "waste of time".

You are coming off as petty and you are better than this.

Learn to duck sometimes.

vintagetoppsguy
03-30-2015, 08:27 AM
David, I appreciate the all contributions you've made to the forum over the years. But do you realize you have made 5 posts to this thread since your "Big -1" for the "waste of time".

You are coming off as petty and you are better than this.

Learn to duck sometimes.

Now make it 6 posts. I don't consider posting items for sale, listing prices and scans, and then withdrawing your items as petty.

Once? Ok, he gets a pass.

Multiple times? Not petty at all.

If you consider that petty, so be it. That's your opinion. But I'm entitled to my opinion as well. Some folks agreed with you, but some folks agreed with me too. I thought it was over two days ago. I don't see the need to revive the thread two days later to tell me what somebody else has already said.. :confused:

1952boyntoncollector
03-30-2015, 08:29 AM
Now make it 6 posts. I don't consider posting items for sale, listing prices and scans, and then withdrawing your items as petty.

Once? Ok, he gets a pass.

Multiple times? Not petty at all.

If you consider that petty, so be it. That's your opinion. But I'm entitled to my opinion as well. Some folks agreed with you, but some folks agreed with me too. I thought it was over two days ago. I don't see the need to revive the thread two days later to tell me what somebody else has already said.. :confused:

If I saw a guy starting a thread that I know always backs on cards he says initially he wants to sell, I wouldn't open the thread and just ignore it......next time he open a thread just ignore him..even though it could be the one time he actually does a deal ( I don't have an opinion on the guy either way, just talking generally)

hangman62
03-30-2015, 09:09 AM
What is the big deal with you haters ! its only baseball cards...lower grade at that ! Its not a major auction house pulling back the Holy Grail T 206 Wagner now

I considered selling..then I changed my mind...what is the harm in that ?

After rethinking..the cards meant too much to me..why do some people have a problem with this ?

People change their mind about buying /selling/bidding all the time

Whats all this nonsense about " wasting our time" ??

Some guys are on the Net54 16 times a day !..apparently they have the time, worse case...don't look..or don't respond if its " too much wasted time"

Whats all this " lack of credibility " stuff ?..Ive sold tons of stuff on Net54..and bought tons of stuff too

Its not that Im pulling a " bait and switch " on anyone..I changed my mind about selling my stuff...and to be honest...the people who were interested and PM'ed me had NO PROBLEM that I changed my mind

and the one guy ( David ? ) makes me laugh..within 2 minutes..he had copys of posts I made 2 yrs ago !...what are you doing ? saving everyones posts on your hard drive...for quick rebuttal ?...Dude really ?..its not that big a deal

If I decide to sell some stuff tomorrow...I will post it..if anyone..all of a sudden " doesn't trust me" then don't buy my stuff, I don't care

Ralph G

Rich Klein
03-30-2015, 09:18 AM
people can search on your past posts and when they do, they can see this is a pattern of behavior.

Nothing nefarious on their part

We all understand the mixed emotions about selling items so it's OK to waffle. But since you appear to do this regularly, being called out is also perfectly fine.

Rich

vintagetoppsguy
03-30-2015, 09:30 AM
and the one guy ( David ? ) makes me laugh..within 2 minutes..he had copys of posts I made 2 yrs ago !...what are you doing ? saving everyones posts on your hard drive...for quick rebuttal ?...Dude really ?..its not that big a deal

No, I don't save posts on my hard drive. The Mays and Gehrig incident left me with a really bad impression of you...so much so, that I still remembered the thread two years later. To some, maybe it's petty. But they're looking at it from a different point of view. They read your threads and it's just entertainment for them. For me, I had skin in the game. I was a serious buyer. However, you weren't a serious seller. You just wanted to yank some chains.

PM770
03-30-2015, 09:57 AM
I thought it was over two days ago.

I have to apologize on this. I wasn't around for a couple days and when I'm not I'll typically look at all the threads I've missed when I have time (like this morning). I didn't realize the thread had gone stale and I should have.

hangman62
03-30-2015, 05:38 PM
David,
Why are you making this out to be more then it is.

I decided not to sell my stuff and that's all it is

and stop that you had a " skin in this game " LOL !

I never even spoke to you , your not a serious buyer..your a serious S**T stirrer

Ralph G

vintagetoppsguy
03-30-2015, 06:09 PM
David,
Why are you making this out to be more then it is.

I decided not to sell my stuff and that's all it is

and stop that you had a " skin in this game " LOL !

I never even spoke to you , your not a serious buyer..your a serious S**T stirrer

Ralph G

I wasn't talking about this recent post. I was talking about when you posted the Mays and Gehrig for sale. I made you offers (posted within the thread that I linked - they're right there for all to see), I also sent you PMs. Yes, I was a serious buyer for the Mays and Gehrig at the time. You were not a serious seller.

Rich Klein
03-30-2015, 06:40 PM
"Go search in your hard drive and show me how it appears I " do this regularly" ???

DO what ?, I had a change of heart about selling my collection...what is the problem ? the cards mean too much to me and I changed my mind .

Where is the harm ? Where is the obscene waste of time ? I just don't see it ?"

Look, we all understand that you feel conflcted about selling your items. At times, you say, I have a great collection but it's time to move on. Then when the offers come, you pull back (This is now the second public time and who knows if there are private times)

It's OK to feel conflcted, we all have felt that way. The only thing I say is that it's a matter of repeated behavior and as such, you were called out on that.

When I became a full-time dealer for a spell in the mid 1980's I felt the same way but once I broke the collection, everything was fair game. You have the same reservations and that is fine. But, if you don't want to sell, no biggie -- its just when it will be time for you to sell, it will just be that much harder to take the sellng offer seriously

Regards
Rich

hangman62
03-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Rich
What are you talking about " when the offers come " I pulled the stuff back ?? WHAT OFFERS ? !

It never even got that far, you have no idea what your talking about ?

I had dozens of guys interested in the collection..and all of them let me know if and when I decide to sell..they will be there

Why are you painting this " your gonna be in trouble if you try and sell stuff ever again " ! STOP ..your delirious !

I will have no problems selling or buying on Net54 in the future

Ralph G

vintagetoppsguy
03-30-2015, 08:14 PM
Rich
What are you talking about " when the offers come " I pulled the stuff back ?? WHAT OFFERS ? !

It never even got that far, you have no idea what your talking about ?

You never even got that far? You said yourself you had "dozens and dozens of" offers. Here is your own quote...

offers from dozens and dozens of collectors/ dealers/buys/auctioneers,etc...

Dude, you're a nut job!

hangman62
03-30-2015, 08:21 PM
David
I think I mentioned this before -
Shut Your Pie Hole !

vintagetoppsguy
03-30-2015, 08:33 PM
David
I think I mentioned this before -
Shut Your Pie Hole !

I think I'll take your advice. I'm done with this thread. One obviously can't win an argument with a nut job.

JasonD08
03-30-2015, 08:46 PM
It is apparent that Ralph had no real offers here. I may rib Sean (deservingly so) a bit here and there, but Sean is much smarter than to offer $24K for what was shown. My guess no real interest made so he "changed his mind". Ralph if this is not true and I am wrong you should have taken the $$ and ran because north of $20K it isn't worth dealing with. I would have offered $15K realistically. There is nothing wrong with changing your mind, however, it is America and possession in this case is 10/10ths of the law. Good luck with the nice run of sets.

Jason

ZachS
03-30-2015, 09:08 PM
Dude, you're a nut job!

http://mickeyfix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Mickey-Mouse-Cuckoo-Clock-Closeup.jpg

jcmtiger
03-30-2015, 10:16 PM
What is the big deal with you haters ! its only baseball cards...lower grade at that ! Its not a major auction house pulling back the Holy Grail T 206 Wagner now

I considered selling..then I changed my mind...what is the harm in that ?

After rethinking..the cards meant too much to me..why do some people have a problem with this ?

People change their mind about buying /selling/bidding all the time

Whats all this nonsense about " wasting our time" ??

Some guys are on the Net54 16 times a day !..apparently they have the time, worse case...don't look..or don't respond if its " too much wasted time"

Whats all this " lack of credibility " stuff ?..Ive sold tons of stuff on Net54..and bought tons of stuff too

Its not that Im pulling a " bait and switch " on anyone..I changed my mind about selling my stuff...and to be honest...the people who were interested and PM'ed me had NO PROBLEM that I changed my mind

If I decide to sell some stuff tomorrow...I will post it..if anyone..all of a sudden " doesn't trust me" then don't buy my stuff, I don't care

Ralph G

Next time go to BST maybe?

Joe

jcmtiger
03-30-2015, 10:19 PM
No, I don't save posts on my hard drive. The Mays and Gehrig incident left me with a really bad impression of you...so much so, that I still remembered the thread two years later. To some, maybe it's petty. But they're looking at it from a different point of view. They read your threads and it's just entertainment for them. For me, I had skin in the game. I was a serious buyer. However, you weren't a serious seller. You just wanted to yank some chains.

David, agree, we collectors do remember bad deals, took me 10 years to resolve one.

Joe

hangman62
03-31-2015, 06:27 AM
Joe
What " bad deal" are you referring too ?

There was no BAD DEAL anywhere ..In that thread 2 yrs ago ?...Go read it and tell me what was the " bad deal" ?

Rich Klein
03-31-2015, 07:10 AM
He might not be thinking of a bad deal with you, just a bad deal he had in general.

Rich

bbcard1
03-31-2015, 09:48 AM
It is apparent that Ralph had no real offers here. I may rib Sean (deservingly so) a bit here and there, but Sean is much smarter than to offer $24K for what was shown. My guess no real interest made so he "changed his mind". Ralph if this is not true and I am wrong you should have taken the $$ and ran because north of $20K it isn't worth dealing with. I would have offered $15K realistically. There is nothing wrong with changing your mind, however, it is America and possession in this case is 10/10ths of the law. Good luck with the nice run of sets.

Jason

Though my temptation is to let this thread die a most deserving death, I can assure you the seller had legitimate offers. Also if anyone will read the original post, the things that were shown were not everything in the collection, just a sampling, albeit most of the meat. I am sure the original seller had a change of heart and I completely understand. I often consider "thinning the herd" right before buying a new lot of precisely what I was considering selling.

jcmtiger
03-31-2015, 10:14 AM
Joe
What " bad deal" are you referring too ?

There was no BAD DEAL anywhere ..In that thread 2 yrs ago ?...Go read it and tell me what was the " bad deal" ?

The bad deal was not with you. It was with someone else. Just an example of collectors remembering bad deals for a long time.

Joe

bobbyw8469
03-05-2018, 03:06 PM
I will have no problems selling or buying on Net54 in the future

Ralph G

Uhhh.......yes....yes you do.

bnorth
03-05-2018, 03:57 PM
Uhhh.......yes....yes you do.

WOW Robert you bumped a 3 year old post to be a jerk to someone who can't even defend themselves. NICE!:rolleyes:

bobbyw8469
03-05-2018, 04:56 PM
My apologies...I think the "jerk" tag is wrongfully applied to me though, and should belong on another....

JollyElm
03-05-2018, 05:31 PM
When/why did Ral G get booted???

vintagebaseballcardguy
03-05-2018, 05:44 PM
When/why did Ral G get booted???

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=251969

Peter_Spaeth
03-05-2018, 06:05 PM
He questioned whether the Adat Chaverim show belonged on the first page. Never a wise move.

Leon
03-05-2018, 07:07 PM
He questioned whether the Adat Chaverim show belonged on the first page. Never a wise move.

Wrong, however that might have been the final straw. He posted incorrectly in the live auction section and when it was moved started posting all over the place, being pissed off and questioning threads and reasoning. This wasn't his first rodeo either. Had he questioned it differently he wouldn't have gotten booted. You may want to babysit I don't. And Robert shouldn't have bumped this thread as there is a rule concerning saying things about folks who can't defend themselves. It is not allowed and this thread is being locked.