PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for having me aboard..

FrankMcdee
03-19-2015, 01:46 PM
I am a veteran collector and used to own a couple more modern driven sites like this one. I have recently met up with an elderly couple with a lot of turn of the century cards. This couple is old and on a fixed income and extremely incompetent when it come to being tech savy. I have some of their items already in attempt to sell off. Again, thanks for having me aboard.

bobbyw8469
03-19-2015, 02:13 PM
????

trdcrdkid
03-19-2015, 03:16 PM
Are you saying that you're trying to sell some items on behalf of this elderly couple? What do they have, exactly? Does that include the graded T206 Barbeau you just posted in the T206 B/S/T forum, or is that from your personal collection?

bobbyw8469
03-19-2015, 03:21 PM
The elderly couple knows about PSA grading?

FrankMcdee
03-19-2015, 03:21 PM
It includes the Barbeau. There is more to come from the elderly couple. I have some 60's mantles, a PSA 1 Piedmont Bill O'Hara,and a beat up Sherry Magee T-206. Most of their collection is pre WWII although there is a nice 48 Leaf Babe Ruth in the collection. Honestly, some of the cards I am not familiar with and I am hoping to garner some advice on this site to help identify and evaluate them.

FrankMcdee
03-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Bobby, the elderly couple must have picked them up along the way. He was a yard sale/flea market kind of guy. They seriously live on the side of a mountain south of Lexington Kentucky. They had three graded cards, the Barbeau, the O'hara mentioned above, and BVG 1 Ty Cobb red back with two sizeable chunks out of it that I sold earlier today to a guy on Blowoutcards.com, who ultimately referred me to this site.