PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 cards "discovered" at the Philly Show

x2drich2000
03-18-2015, 06:09 PM
Didn't want to hijack the four base hits Clarkson thread, but it continues to amaze me what items have shown up at that show going back to the GW Motor Lodge days (or even before that)...so what finds would make the top 10 list of cards discovered at the Philly Show? What stories do you have that go with these finds?

DJ

Leon
03-20-2015, 11:58 AM
I have only been to one philly show, didn't find anything, but I know a lot of members have been going to them for a many years. I am sure there have been some stupendous finds as there have probably been at most mature shows.

ullmandds
03-20-2015, 12:00 PM
I remember seeing a t206 w/broadleaf 460 back there in the early 90's...but $350 was way too much back then.

x2drich2000
03-20-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm sure some collectors who have been around the show for the past 30 years can come up with a few examples and provide more details. I vaguely remember hearing a story of someone randomly walking into the show with with a T206 Wagner and Plank, also didn't Levi find a Doyle at the show? Ted Z? Dan M? Anyone else recall those events or others?

DJ

glynparson
03-20-2015, 04:28 PM
the Doyle at the show SCD/Krause ran at the down town Philadelphia convention center. Of this I am 100% sure as i worked for him at the time. Great find. There have been numerous "walk ins" at the Philly show. I now an E107 Mathewson that was unknown to the hobby came into Reading, Card had a gorgeous Ex front but tiny paper loss on back. I am pretty sure there are better cards than that though.