PDA

View Full Version : White Plains Show 3/13-15

Donscards
03-11-2015, 04:54 AM
I am setting up at the White Plains show this weekend---I did the last show and was very impressed---Great crowd and a fun show---I have mostly graded cards---12 T206 Ty Cobbs--N28 set I am breaking up--70 graded T205's (PSA 3-5's)--2 1952 Topps Mantles along with 5 1951 Bowman Mantles--Loaded with 50's and 60's cards with many high demand rookies---Also a 1964 Topps Baseball Set (near mint-mint) and a 1971 Topps Set (Ex-Mt +) and some other goodies. I met some great collectors last time and looking forward to the show again.

Al C.risafulli
03-11-2015, 12:15 PM
I'll be set up there as well, Don - not sure what booth number, but it's up near the front of the room. Looking forward to seeing as many Net54 members as possible!

-Al

MVSNYC
03-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Al, will you be selling any chewed bubble gum? ;)

(If anyone hasn't seen Al's cameo in the lastest ESPN doc, you must..."It's Not Crazy, It's Sports").

CharleyBrown
03-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Hey all,

I'll be there with my 5-year old son either Friday evening or Saturday during the day.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Shaun

christopher.herman
03-12-2015, 03:56 AM
FYI: Saturday 3/14 is also St. Paddy's Day in White Plains. Mamaroneck Ave will be jammed with party people.

bcbgcbrcb
03-12-2015, 04:49 AM
I plan on being there from opening until closing on Friday. I will also bring a couple of copies of my Negro League Baseball Collectibles Guide with me if any board members are interested in picking one up and saving on the shipping cost.

packs
03-12-2015, 07:47 AM
I think I'll be there Saturday.

Jewish-collector
03-12-2015, 12:44 PM
How does this show compare to the Valley Forge show ?

x2drich2000
03-12-2015, 01:32 PM
In my opinion the show has a bit of a different feel. The show always felt a little more packed, but that is probably due to the amount of room rather than the number of people. From a dealer standpoint, a good number of the same dealers set up at both shows.

Dj

ibuysportsephemera
03-12-2015, 03:58 PM
FYI: Saturday 3/14 is also St. Paddy's Day in White Plains. Mamaroneck Ave will be jammed with party people.

Thanks Chris...I couldn't decide if I should go Friday or Saturday....Friday it is.

Jeff

Cmount76
03-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Love this show! I'll be there Friday and Saturday

Great people, great selection, good deals (certain dealers).

EldoEsq
03-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Working on Saturday...will be there Sunday!

ezez420
03-12-2015, 08:20 PM
I will be there along with my buddy and look forward to seeing some of you. You wont be disappointed here. Mariano should draw a big crowd.

Should have some hard to find items that you will not see anywhere else. Soccer cards, high end football, rare bazooka, vintage hockey and basketball, error cards, rare boxing, etc...and of course baseball. Little of everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CharleyBrown
03-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Decided that I'm going tomorrow evening. Will be there with my wife, 5-year old son, and 20-month old daughter.

Would love to meet some of you guys. My son will be doing the buying tomorrow.

GregMitch34
03-13-2015, 06:05 AM
When will St. Paddy's stuff start to tie up avenue on Saturday?

packs
03-13-2015, 07:27 AM
Parade starts at 12 but it's a short parade and I don't think it goes near the convention center.

bcbgcbrcb
03-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Glad to see Don H. at the show tonight, he has a tremendously impressive display of Aaron, Mantle, etc. rookie cards.

Also good to see Dave S. from Bagger's Sportscards. Dave commented on how well the vintage football HOF rookie cards have been selling.

Also got a chance to meet a fellow Net 54 member, Jeff Garfinkel for the first time, a real quality individual.

Picked up some baseball uncut sheets, including a 1983 Topps sheet w/Gwynn RC and a complete 1987 Donruss set w/Maddux, Bonds, Larkin, Bo, etc. Not very often do you find uncut sheets of Donruss or Fleer cards, not nearly as common as the Topps sheets. IMHO the '87 Donruss set includes more quality rookie cards than any other modern baseball set ever produced.

ibuysportsephemera
03-13-2015, 07:02 PM
Glad to see Don H. at the show tonight, he has a tremendously impressive display of Aaron, Mantle, etc. rookie cards.

Also good to see Dave S. from Bagger's Sportscards. Dave commented on how well the vintage football HOF rookie cards have been selling.

Also got a chance to meet a fellow Net 54 member, Jeff Garfinkel for the first time, a real quality individual.

Picked up some baseball uncut sheets, including a 1983 Topps sheet w/Gwynn RC and a complete 1987 Donruss set w/Maddux, Bonds, Larkin, Bo, etc. Not very often do you find uncut sheets of Donruss or Fleer cards, not nearly as common as the Topps sheets. IMHO the '87 Donruss set includes more quality rookie cards than any other modern baseball set ever produced.

Likewise Phil..it was great to put a face with the name. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything to buy except some supplies. The number of dealers seemed to be down this show and in terms of vintage memorabilia, there were definitely less dealers.

Jeff

CharleyBrown
03-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Phil,

Where were you located during the show? Didn't see you...

Anyways, we were there from 6:15 - 7:30. Picked up a box of Heritage for myself (yearly rip), and my son got some Frozen stickers and a David Ortiz card this time around. Walked by Denny McLain, and he started talking to my son. We ended up talking with him for a good 10+ minutes I want to say. Signed a ball for my son with a nice message, and just about every inscription imaginable.

http://echocontent.com/images/David_Denny_McLain.png

http://echocontent.com/images/David_Denny_McLain_signed_baseball.png

Donscards
03-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Quick report from the show. Great crowd. Nice to meet all the net 54 guys. Phil. Good luck In Florida. Always nice chatting with you. Ed D. Has some great cards. I am trying to buy a few. I sold a sgc 30 1952 topps Mantle today. Along with some other high end cards. 52 topps Mathews and Berra. Some great buyers here. A lot of interest in t 206 cobs. Anyway have to run. Time to eat and drink.