PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Wrapper

craigpw
03-10-2015, 04:22 PM
I don't collect wrappers, but I do collect wrapper, ha ha. Actually, I have one wrapper. It is a wrapper from the 1990 McDonald's set issued in parts of Idaho. I've never seen another one, and have always wondered how rare it is. Any help in this area would be much appreciated. Two photos attached.

Thanks,
Craig

pawpawdiv9
03-10-2015, 04:57 PM
I guess value is based on whomever is willing to pay the BIN price- Hope this helps?

Here is a GRADED card on Ebay- Read how scarce the card is and see the price
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OZZIE-SMITH-1990-SCORE-MCDONALDS-24-PSA-GRADED-GEM-MINT-10-POP-2-Super-Rare-/121482791775?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c48f04b5f

JTysver
03-11-2015, 01:14 PM
The cards are pretty rare.
A complete set will sell from between $200 and $600.
They were issued only in Idaho and possibly parts of Utah from what I've been told. I think they were only issued during a three week period in the beginning of the year as well.
There could be less than 1000 or 2000 of each card total and it may be way less.
My guess is there probably were from 5,000 to 50,000 wrappers total. Don't know how many have survived.

mrmopar
03-11-2015, 01:38 PM
You have to wonder about stuff like that. If the store had no collectors who had the chance to backdoor the left overs and otherwise nobody cared and the store didn't just blow all of the extras out at the end to customers who cared enough to take them, they probably got tossed away in bulk!

I wonder how many McDonalrds football cards with the scratch tickets at the bottom got tossed? I know they are not tough cards, but those coupons were for money off product or free food, so the managers probably had to get rid of extras.

steve B
03-11-2015, 02:28 PM
You have to wonder about stuff like that. If the store had no collectors who had the chance to backdoor the left overs and otherwise nobody cared and the store didn't just blow all of the extras out at the end to customers who cared enough to take them, they probably got tossed away in bulk!

I wonder how many McDonalrds football cards with the scratch tickets at the bottom got tossed? I know they are not tough cards, but those coupons were for money off product or free food, so the managers probably had to get rid of extras.

I had a friend working for McDonalds when the football cards were being issued. The coupons were a bit limited timewise, I think good for maybe a week after the 4 week promotion. I couldn't get any of the leftovers from the first three weeks, but he set aside and gave me a trash bag full of cards from the last week. (Patriots, green tab) Came out to 112 sets plus a few hundred extras. And I got two of the counter sheets showing which coupons were out there. Looked for variations after seeing many duplicated and found that was exactly it, all the duplicated ones had differences.

Sort of surprising that a McDonalds promotion even a regional would be so tough. Big chain, with big sales usually won't make for tough cards. Maybe a small run offered until they were gone? Maybe by one big franchisee?

Steve B