PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Collectors Show Saturday March 14

oaks1912
03-09-2015, 11:40 PM
There will be a card show this Saturday, March 14 in Sacramento at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, located at 5321 Date Ave (Just off I-80 at Madison Ave). The show will feature 40 + tables with both modern and vintage sports memorabilia and cards for sale. Alan O'Connor & I will be set up with PCL material and other old stuff (well older than us at least). Show hours are 9AM - 4PM. Admission is free. Hope to see you there

jimtigers65
03-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Ahh...let's see if I can add a Detroit Tiger T206 on Saturday.

DeanH3
03-12-2015, 10:40 PM
I plan on being there around 2. Anybody else think they might be there for a small meet up?

D.P.Johnson
03-13-2015, 09:48 AM
I'll be there but was planning on around 11:00am or so since I'll be helping my father-in-law complete some chores later in the afternoon. It was a good show last time.

jimtigers65
03-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Had a good time at the show today. I set up a table, sold a few things. Some of my profits went to Mark as he had a couple Detroit Tigers T206s (thanks Mark). This brings my total up to 20 Tiger T206s.
Dean-enjoyed looking at your cards and talking to you.

DeanH3
03-14-2015, 09:24 PM
Had a good time at the show today. I set up a table, sold a few things. Some of my profits went to Mark as he had a couple Detroit Tigers T206s (thanks Mark). This brings my total up to 20 Tiger T206s.
Dean-enjoyed looking at your cards and talking to you.

Same here Jim. It was great meeting you. I'm by no means an expert but feel free to shoot me a PM or email if you have any questions. I'm always up for talking cards.

And, here is the link to Scott Reader's T206 article. A must read.

http://www.oldcardboard.com/t/t206/InsideT206-Centennial-edition.pdf

And as usual, always a pleasure talking to Mark!

D.P.Johnson
03-14-2015, 10:22 PM
Ditto! Even though I couldn't find anything to buy (:(), it was a good show. It was nice catching up with Jim. I also heard another horrendous Willie Mays autograph story, and had a great conversation with Alan O'Connor (Sacramento Baseball Historian). I'll be at the next show for sure.

oaks1912
03-15-2015, 09:00 AM
The show is gaining support from local (Sacramento / Central Valley) collectors. Thanks to those who stopped by the table and chatted for a bit, and for those who bought some stuff. More and more familiar faces are appearing. Hope to see you at Steve's next show in July....

jimtigers65
03-16-2015, 09:06 PM
Same here Jim. It was great meeting you. I'm by no means an expert but feel free to shoot me a PM or email if you have any questions. I'm always up for talking cards.

And, here is the link to Scott Reader's T206 article. A must read.

http://www.oldcardboard.com/t/t206/InsideT206-Centennial-edition.pdf

And as usual, always a pleasure talking to Mark!

Dean,
Thanks for the link. I started reading it last night, so much information packed in it.

mattsey9
11-19-2015, 08:57 AM
I just moved to the Sacramento area. Any links to future shows or card stores would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

DeanH3
11-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Hi Mike,

I would definitely shoot Mark (oaks1912) a PM and get on his email list. There aren't a whole lot of local shows but Tri-Star does have a SF show during the spring and Mark does a really good show a couple times a year in the Bay Area. Good luck and welcome to Northern Cali.

Griffins
11-19-2015, 09:47 AM
Mark Macrae has his vintage show coming up in about a week. It's about an hour or so from Sac but is certainly worth the drive.

31st ANNUAL
St. Leanders Fall Sports Collectors Show

Saturday, November 28,2015
9 am -4 pm

Located at Ryan -O’Connell Hall ,575 West Estudillo Ave (Corner of San Leandro Blvd)
TAKE BART from anywhere in the Bay Area .Hall is directly across the street from SAN LEANDRO station. Driving by car, take I-880 to Davis Street. Drive east on Davis for 1 mile to San Leandro Blvd. Turn right on San Leandro Blvd. Hall is one block south on your left.

This Show Features ......

1) 75 Dealer Tables (SOLD OUT)

2) 100 Years of Sports Memorabilia for sale (1880’s-2010’s)

3) Knowledgeable Vendors,Many of whom are collectors themselves.

4) A Family atmosphere with no Adult oriented material on display.

ADMISSION $4

**** Print This Notice For $1 OFF ADMISSION ***

Sponsored by the MERIDIANS. This is the longest running show in Northern California