PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Upper Deck blank backs or fronts

aelefson
03-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Hi-
I recently purchased the 1989 John Smoltz Upper Deck cards scanned below on a whim. There is a blank front version, a blank back version, and a regular version. Were blank backs or fronts common in 1989 Upper Deck? Please fee free to show any you have as well.

Alan

bnorth
03-06-2015, 07:44 AM
They are super rare compared to the regular version but not worth much more than the regular version at this time. I have 10,000+ error cards from the junk era. I collect them because they are rare and cheap.

novakjr
03-06-2015, 11:33 AM
no blanks in my collection, but I have a handful of oddball Bo Jackson print errors... I believe I have a griffey over/double print back as well(somewhere in my unorganized mess of a collection)...

Aside from that, Ben pretty much hit it spot on. I've landed a bunch of wrong/blank front/back combos of rookies over the years for cheap..

bnorth
03-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Here is a front/back of one of the Griffery Jr errors. Griffey is overprinted on the back. Somewhere I also have several of the 89 UD Wade Boggs errors.

With the 89 UD cards you have to be real carefull of any of the overprints or the ones with just black ink because there are a boat load that are fake because they are very easy to make.

aelefson
03-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Thanks Ben and David! I really appreciate the information as well as your examples.

Alan