PDA

View Full Version : Life Magazine The Natural Prop?

CrazyDiamond
03-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Need some help

I recently picked this up. Really just thought it was cool because The Natural is one of my favorite baseball movies. I decided to research to see if there was any value and have not been able to find another one.

The only thing i could find were photos/replicas of the cover on ebay. This is a "shortened" magazine - about 15 -20 pages and some articles repeat. Which led me to believe this may be a movie prop??? I'm not really sure but if anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks in advance

Nuke LaLoosh
03-02-2015, 04:53 PM
Cool item. This might help. Seems like a movie prop. http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/news/auction-news/thats_a_wrap_collecting_sports_movie_props_and_c

CrazyDiamond
03-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Thanks - pretty cool article

it may be a prop I just dont think I have a way of verfying authenticity

I have contacted Heritage - they believe it is a movie prop but were not able to put a value on it because it is not something that they generally deal with

I also contacted an auction house in California that deals specifically with movie props. Maybe they can help with authenticity and value.

Either way it is pretty cool and looks real nice on display.

I will also contact the Movie Prop Association which is listed in the article and keep researching

If anyone else has any info or can lead me in the right direction i would appreciate it