PDA

View Full Version : Value of N172 Old Judge Deacon White

paul
02-28-2015, 03:54 PM
I am thinking of selling my N172 Deacon White to help finance a major purchase. I was hoping some of the Old Judge experts could help me out by giving me an estimate of what I should expect to receive for the White. Also, any recommendations on the best forum for selling it would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Here's a scan. The back is clean.

pencil1974
02-28-2015, 06:07 PM
Ok so the Standard Catalog was a little off there. Good luck with the sale!

Joe_G.
02-28-2015, 07:18 PM
Hello Paul,

As you know, White is a tough OJ to land. Despite having more poses than just about all HOFers, he seems to be the toughest HOFer in the set. This would be a cherished card for anyone trying to obtain a copy of Deacon.

I will say, however, that pose 8 (your example) is among the more common poses. I obtained my copy from someone who had duplicates and I know several others who have this pose.

A great card that I believe would fetch about the same as when REA auctioned it off in 2013 ($4k+)

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2013/45.html

Best of luck with the card! I just wish you were unloading a pose I needed :)

paul
02-28-2015, 07:22 PM
Thanks Joe. That's a nice data point to have. I wish I had another pose to send your way.

jcmtiger
02-28-2015, 09:19 PM
PM sent

Joe

oldjudge
02-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Paul--although it is one of the more common White poses, it is still only found as a type Fb and is pretty scarce. Markets are dynamic, but I would suggest you set a minimum price of $2500 and shoot to get more. If you give it to an auction house, do not accept an opening bid under $2500. Good luck!

bcbgcbrcb
03-01-2015, 12:08 AM
I think you guys are sort of on track with your value estimates. I wish I could get an auction house to open bidding at $2,500 on one of my cards that I value at $4K. More typical would be $1K or so. $4K might be a tad bit high as Deacon was a newly elected HOF'er when Rob's was auctioned off and not only Old Judge pose collectors but also HOF RC collectors would have aggressively been looking for that card at that time. Since then, some HOF RC collectors likely would have picked up an example by now.