PDA

View Full Version : autograph storage question

theshleps
02-27-2015, 05:10 PM
If I decide to move my more valuable regular signed cards from the regular toploaders to an ultrapro harder one (magnet or screw top)- which do you recommend and do I leave the card in the plastic sleeve or not? thanks

egri
02-28-2015, 09:44 PM
If you've got a lot of cards that you're putting into toploaders, then I'd go with the magnets because it sounds like less work and an equivalent level of protection. I'd also leave them in the plastic sleeves, as I believe those holders tend to be made out of PVC.

SikSyko
02-28-2015, 10:24 PM
I have had signed cards in the same page for over 20 years with no damage to the auto or card. Tried both UltraPro and junk brand pages and nothing has happened to any of them.

theshleps
03-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Has anyone had any problems with the magnetic ultrapro in terms of harming the signature on older cards or on newer glossy. It says they are non PVC, archival quality. Also if you put older smaller cards in like goudeys will they shift around?
The only reason I wanted to get things slabbed was the permanence of the case and it appears this could be the answer. Please comment