PDA

View Full Version : The Dress

Eric72
02-27-2015, 01:24 PM
We have the Internet. It is a wonderful resource with tremendous potential. People from around the globe can share ideas, conduct commerce, access treasure troves of knowledge, and much more.

We can hear our favorite music, communicate with loved ones far away, or even get together as a community of people who have a shared passion such as collecting baseball cards.

Yet, with all of this potential, the World Wide Web has suddenly become fixated on whether a dress is white/gold or blue/black. People are commenting on, debating, over explaining, and even arguing vehemently over this.

So, fellow members, I ask: has the Internet jumped the shark?

Perhaps I am overreacting. Maybe it only jumped the llamas.

Best regards,

Eric

D.P.Johnson
02-27-2015, 02:12 PM
The bottom line is this:

That dress is blue/black. Anybody who thinks it's white/gold is an idiot. End of story. Carry on...

Bocabirdman
02-27-2015, 02:13 PM
We have the Internet. It is a wonderful resource with tremendous potential. People from around the globe can share ideas, conduct commerce, access treasure troves of knowledge, and much more.

We can hear our favorite music, communicate with loved ones far away, or even get together as a community of people who have a shared passion such as collecting baseball cards.

Yet, with all of this potential, the World Wide Web has suddenly become fixated on whether a dress is white/gold or blue/black. People are commenting on, debating, over explaining, and even arguing vehemently over this.

So, fellow members, I ask: has the Internet jumped the shark?

Perhaps I am overreacting. Maybe it only jumped the llamas.

Best regards,

Eric

And of course, Eric, you know that the origins of "Jump the Shark" go back to the waning days of the show, "Happy Days" when the Fonz literally jumped the shark on water skis. The show was done weeks later.

D.P.Johnson
02-27-2015, 02:57 PM
These are three (3) undisputable facts:

1. Cal Ripken played in 2,632 consecutive games from 1982 to 1998.
2. Johnny Bench could hold 7 baseballs in one hand.
3. That dress is White and Gold.

Eric72
02-27-2015, 05:02 PM
The bottom line is this:

That dress is blue/black. Anybody who thinks it's white/gold is an idiot. End of story. Carry on...

These are three (3) undisputable facts:

1. Cal Ripken played in 2,632 consecutive games from 1982 to 1998.
2. Johnny Bench could hold 7 baseballs in one hand.
3. That dress is White and Gold.

Sorry...the dress is obviously, clearly, undeniably plaid.

Eric72
02-27-2015, 05:35 PM
And of course, Eric, you know that the origins of "Jump the Shark" go back to the waning days of the show, "Happy Days" when the Fonz literally jumped the shark on water skis. The show was done weeks later.

Mike,

Yes, I am familiar with Arthur Fonzarelli's (Henry Winkler) stunt, the decline of Happy Days' ratings, and the cancellation of the show.

I am not suggesting that the Internet will collapse. I just think that it has reached the ultimate tipping point towards stupidity.

Best,

Eric

Peter_Spaeth
02-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Sure looked white and gold to me.

DHogan
02-28-2015, 01:55 PM
The internet was invented by Al Gore ? And the biggest question of late on the net is about a dress ? http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/76/aa/08/76aa08e68afe1435f4de44bc2fc47fb6.jpg

steve B
02-28-2015, 03:46 PM
To modify a quote from someone else that's always made sense to me..........

Millions of people now carry in their pocket what's essentially a small computer that can access nearly all the worlds Knowledge in a matter of minutes of not seconds. And what do we use it for? Arguing over a poorly lit poorly photographed picture of an ugly dress.

The original quote ended "with we use it to look at pictures of kittens" but the sentiment stays the same.

I saw it as a bluish white and couldn't decide between gold or a goldish sort of yellow.

Maybe I should take some backlit pics of cards and see what colors people see?

Steve B