PDA

View Full Version : A Fresh Vic Willis Autograph?

tazdmb
02-27-2015, 01:08 PM
Have no skin in this sale, but for those "get em all" guys like me, curious of your thoughts. Looks like it is from a check, although no known checks exist. I see some Philadelphia markings on the back, which is not far from Newark. Seller claims it is from a 40 year old in collection from California. Signature looks spot on. I am ignoring the PSA, and the price for that matter (about twice as much as I think it would sell for at auction).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vic-WIllis-Signed-Autograph-Cancelled-Check-Cut-BB-HOFer-RARE-D-1947-PSA-DNA-/111609299399?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fc6ec1c7

Scott Garner
02-27-2015, 02:07 PM
Definitely Victor Willis' sig, IMHO but WOW what a price.
He may own that Willis signed cut forever.... :eek:

tazdmb
02-27-2015, 02:32 PM
I told the seller that he would need the full check for that price. Turns out the seller is an auction house and the item is on consignment, so they had no real say in the price. I think they will be lucky to get 1/2 that.

Klrdds
02-27-2015, 02:51 PM
It is in my opinion a great new authentic find of a rare HoFer's autograph in full name signature as well (even rarer to find ). It matches well with my Vic Willis in my collection (see attachment).
Unfortunately at that price I believe they will not sell it, even if they would sell it on ebay for less I doubt we would ever know. I think the only way we will know what it sells for would be if it sold through another AH in the hobby mainstream. In my opinion this piece is a 9K -12K piece.
But a great piece nonetheless!!!