PDA

View Full Version : The Funnest Part of Ebay Bidding

1952boyntoncollector
02-26-2015, 06:06 AM
There are few things on ebay which I enjoy and don't feel cheated.

1. Figuring out what a competitor bids and beating their bid by 1 cent by placing a bid exactly 1 cent over theirs (versus putting in a over a bidding slot higher and forced to pay more than you had too)

2. Seeing an late bidder try to swoop in and win the auction but they bid the EXACT amount as you so you win the item. Thus you win the item and have the knowledge that someone else was willing to pay the same amount. That's a good feeling.

3. Bidding a week early an amount you think is really high, you end up winning the product and see 5 unique bidders within 10% of what you won the item for. Thus, I would not be too concerned with shilling.

4. Being in competitive bid process but right before putting in another higher than I want bid checking buy it nows and seeing the same card and grade with better appearance only a few dollars more and bidding at the auction just a little below and seeing the competitive bidder beat you out the auction by bidding higher then the other card you see at buy it now. Then later you buy the buy it now for less than the card just went for auction. That's fun.

Econteachert205
02-26-2015, 06:14 AM
I like following trends of sold listings and selling random items that you have no idea if they will sell for 5 dollars or 100.

1952boyntoncollector
02-26-2015, 06:22 AM
I like following trends of sold listings and selling random items that you have no idea if they will sell for 5 dollars or 100.

True, in 1985 or so I bought a bunch of bargain bin air jordons for $20 bucks a piece...didn't come with a box..just that plastic binder holding the shoes together. Never wore them but they were canvas not leather and over the 30 years there was some aging showing all around the shoes and I was going to throw them out as my girlfriend was moving in. I just listed them on ebay and it was amazing all the emails I got. The first pair of shoes I sold for 750! I have never received more followings or emails on any cards versus those air jordans.