PDA

View Full Version : Mantle opinion?

HOF Auto Rookies
02-23-2015, 08:03 PM
Any thoughts greatly appreciated. I'm trying to learn his signature so if you say it's good or bad please explain why.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kco
02-23-2015, 09:13 PM
I don't love it, the formation of letters all seem off, additionally, to me, it looks as if the pen was lifted and restarted in a few spots in Mickey. If it is in fact genuine it strikes me as a very rushed example and I'd probably pass on it.

MikeKam
02-23-2015, 10:06 PM
I like it. A bit older than most Mantle signatures you see in my opinion.

canjond
02-23-2015, 10:13 PM
Agreed. I like it too.

Duluth Eskimo
02-23-2015, 10:59 PM
Very good.

khkco4bls
02-24-2015, 04:27 AM
Good

jimjim
02-24-2015, 04:32 AM
Looks OK to me

joed25
02-24-2015, 07:39 AM
Authentic

Fuddjcal
02-24-2015, 08:22 AM
I don't love it, the formation of letters all seem off, additionally, to me, it looks as if the pen was lifted and restarted in a few spots in Mickey. If it is in fact genuine it strikes me as a very rushed example and I'd probably pass on it.

It's got every letter formation right on the money. It is in fact genuine with-out question, IMHO. The only thing I would agree with Kevin on is that it is rushed.

The signature is text book. From the dropped ink at the first M to where he slightly picks the pen up to join the "i"... to the perfectly structured "ckey". Interaction from the "M" to the "a" is perfect. Speed and shape of the "a" is perfect. The pointy "n" and perfect "tle" on the downward angle. I'd like to see the entire photo, but it's a 9/10 on Fudd's 10 point must system for Mantle signatures.

A Mantle forgery almost never looks rushed. Just pathetic in the attempt.

shelly
02-24-2015, 09:20 AM
What he said:):):):):):)

Econteachert205
02-24-2015, 09:33 AM
Great auto

Kco
02-24-2015, 10:12 AM
It's got every letter formation right on the money. It is in fact genuine with-out question, IMHO. The only thing I would agree with Kevin on is that it is rushed.

The signature is text book. From the dropped ink at the first M to where he slightly picks the pen up to join the "i"... to the perfectly structured "ckey". Interaction from the "M" to the "a" is perfect. Speed and shape of the "a" is perfect. The pointy "n" and perfect "tle" on the downward angle. I'd like to see the entire photo, but it's a 9/10 on Fudd's 10 point must system for Mantle signatures.

A Mantle forgery almost never looks rushed. Just pathetic in the attempt.

Chuck, I was half asleep last night when I looked at this, I retract what I said about letter formation after looking through my 3 mantles. I think the rushed sig threw me off.

I'll take my licks on this one

Fuddjcal
02-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Chuck, I was half asleep last night when I looked at this, I retract what I said about letter formation after looking through my 3 mantles. I think the rushed sig threw me off.

I'll take my licks on this one

no licks to take...everybody just see's it differently some time.

Also. The signature is in pen, which I love. You see sharpie 90% of the time, so these are nice to see.:)

David Atkatz
02-24-2015, 02:20 PM
Also. The signature is in pen, which I love. You see sharpie 90% of the time, so these are nice to see.:)+1
I hate Sharpie!

HOF Auto Rookies
02-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Thank you so much for all of your input. Thought it looked good and the pen was possibly running dry.

This was accidentally shipped to me instead of a different item, I was curious to the authenticity and hoping for buyer didn't get burned.

HOF Auto Rookies
03-09-2015, 12:37 AM
Well, I have messaged the seller multiple times to no avail about the mix up...
Any suggestions on what to do? I have no need for it in my collection, would like to sell it but I have not heard back at all from the seller.

Suggestions?...

HOF Auto Rookies
03-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Any clue what I should do? I don't know what to do, the seller is non-responsive...

Thanks for the advice in advance. I just honestly don't know how to handle this. I've gotten the wrong item before, but never like this where the seller won't communicate back, especially with a Mantle! Idk...

earlywynnfan
03-09-2015, 02:57 PM
what were you supposed to get?

HOF Auto Rookies
03-09-2015, 09:17 PM
I was supposed to get a 2002 Bowmans Best autographed rookie card of Mauer. Somehow I got this Mantle signed photo and a Griffey and Randy Johnson unsigned rookies graded a gem by garbage authentication companies...

My feedback is 100% and I don't want to ruin it and I don't know what to do...

khkco4bls
03-10-2015, 08:02 AM
you're worried about you a feedback on eBay. please. sell the photo

HOF Auto Rookies
03-10-2015, 08:53 AM
you're worried about you a feedback on eBay. please. sell the photo

Why wouldn't I be? I don't know the seller or their motives/intentions, especially since they don't reply. Could leave random feedback saying I tried to keep the item etc etc.

And why would I sell an item that isn't mine?...

pencil1974
03-10-2015, 04:10 PM
They could do that even if you try to give the item back. You are doing the right thing but if you don't hear back with in say two weeks then they don't care enough and I would say its yours.

Now I would be pissed if I was the other person involved and get your cards and not the Mantle signature I ordered.

egri
03-10-2015, 04:46 PM
I'd give the seller a few weeks to respond. There is probably a PO'd buyer somewhere tearing him a new one for losing his Mantle, so one way or another this will all work out okay. It's also an option to contact eBay and try to see if they can get the seller to respond to your messages. If a few weeks go by, and nothing bears fruit, then I'd say congratulations on the new Mantle.

almostdone
03-10-2015, 08:16 PM
I'd give the seller a few weeks to respond. There is probably a PO'd buyer somewhere tearing him a new one for losing his Mantle, so one way or another this will all work out okay. It's also an option to contact eBay and try to see if they can get the seller to respond to your messages. If a few weeks go by, and nothing bears fruit, then I'd say congratulations on the new Mantle.

+1
A little patience won't hurt and if you are trying to contact the seller then I don't think you need to worry too much about it.
Drew

HOF Auto Rookies
03-11-2015, 12:23 AM
Thanks for all the advice, it has been over two weeks and I guess I got the steal of the decade for a Mantle signed photo for $31 :)

pitchingace77
03-11-2015, 02:15 PM
If you would be willing to sell, PM me

HOF Auto Rookies
03-11-2015, 07:18 PM
If you would be willing to sell, PM me

I have decided to field offers. Someone I spoke with has the first chance in here.

I will be getting back in town on Sunday and will post a full scan of the photo in the BST. U unfortunately don't have a full scan at the moment.

Thanks again for everyone's help and advice, ya'll are the best.

Brent Niederman