PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Press Questions

whiteymet
02-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Gentlemen:

I don't know if this belongs in the Post War section or the Memorabilia Section. With Leon's blessing I may try to post it in both forums.

I am looking for help with some of the Dexter Press issues. I find their offering to be among the finest in the hobby. In trying to put together some sets I have run into some conundrums. Thus my below questions.

1. The SCD Standard Catalog lists the California Angels in the 1967 Team Posters. Can anyone verify it's existence? See example below:

2. The Trading Card Database shows a set of 16 1966 California Angels Cards. All of them show the players name above his head in a facsimile autograph. See:

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewSet...ifornia-Angels

The SCD Standard Catalog states these come with and without borders.

I have the set WITH the borders,and also have a few WITHOUT borders. However I also have three exactly alike without borders, WITHOUT the signature above the head. Namely Chance, Fregosi and Knoop.Can anyone supply more names or have any info on these? Do not confuse them with the similar issue that came in the Angels Postcard booklet. These have different (postcard) backs. See below.

3. Again the Trading Card Database lists a set of 12 1968 Dexter Press All Star set. See:

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewSet...ress-All-Stars

Questions: Has anyone heard of this, and if so, are the 12 All Stars different in any way from the same cards issued in the 1968 77 card set?

Finally for those of you who have heard of the 1967 Dexter Press Paul Schaal who is the only Angel issued with the set, but have never seen an example, see below. In my estimation this ranks up there with the 1963 Bateman Pepsi card in terms of rarity!

Thanks in advance for any help you can supply on the above questions.

Fred

Econteachert205
02-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Fred, responded in the other section, looked at two Aaron's one designated all star one not, could not tell the difference.