PDA

View Full Version : 1909 Washington Print

eastonfalcon19
02-18-2015, 07:54 PM
I'm trying to find out a little information on this print I have. The print is done by Norris and Winter in 1909. I would assume the player is Walter Johnson. Does anybody know of the maker or have seen any other prints like this? How much would a print like this go for? I appreciate any kind of information on this one.

Hankphenom
02-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Doesn't bear any resemblance to Johnson, and I'd guess Washington University rather than the Nationals, but anything's possible. In many years collecting and dealing in Nationals/Senators material, I've never seen it before.

springpin
02-19-2015, 08:04 AM
I am in the middle of doing patent research for my next baseball blog. The US official records on patents, trademarks, and copyrights are extensive. I would begin with any copyrights filed by Norris and Winter in the first decade of the 20th century. But be careful. Some people put the copyright (C) and the registered trademark (R) logo on items to deter reproduction through the threat of an implied lawsuit, but their items were never either officially copyrighted or trademark. There may be a blind alley awaiting you.

From a content perspective, why '09? Here is a longshot. Honus Wagner was born in Washington County, a suburb of Pittsburgh. There is also a town in that county named Washington. Could that image be of Wagner throwing to first? Maybe something to do with Washington County or township celebrating something in the same year the Pirates won the World Series???????????

Happy hunting.

Paul