PDA

View Full Version : Near Complete MB Set on Ebay last night

brob28
02-17-2015, 02:07 PM
Just wondering what the experienced MB collectors think of this price. I'm fairly new to collecting the MB's with only 18 so far. I've been picking up the commons for a pretty good price but, it's a slow go, either looking through dealer lots at the few local shows around town or on Ebay etc. I did bid on this lot, but was not close to the final price. At an average price of $7.38 per card, this seems like a good price on these, especially when I consider what my search time is worth. Thinking I may have missed a great opportunity price-wise and time-wise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Topps-Milton-Bradley-Near-Complete-Set-76-77-w-Aaron-Carew-Seaver-HOF-/381151966897?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=ldeYL%252BjskWws2Lnx7CUN8sRwf0Q%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

savedfrommyspokes
02-17-2015, 03:55 PM
I was a bidder at about half of the final price ( little over $3 card)...I am at 51/77 (just in the past couple of months) with a few of the stars. I would have bid more if I had been less complete on my set. With the stars included in this near set, I would have gone to $4-5/card w/o mine being 2/3rds complete.

The final price is about right considering the last complete set ( with a nice graded Ryan) that I saw sell, sold on H and S last summer for $800 +18.5% BP.

brob28
02-18-2015, 08:03 AM
I was a bidder at about half of the final price ( little over $3 card)...I am at 51/77 (just in the past couple of months) with a few of the stars. I would have bid more if I had been less complete on my set. With the stars included in this near set, I would have gone to $4-5/card w/o mine being 2/3rds complete.

The final price is about right considering the last complete set ( with a nice graded Ryan) that I saw sell, sold on H and S last summer for $800 +18.5% BP.

Saved - thanks for the price information on the previous sale. Just curious what you have done to make the progress you have - local shows, ebay? Ebay seems like a slow go to me.

JTysver
02-18-2015, 12:01 PM
I saw the lot also.

I think you'd be able to piece the set together cheaper than the final price.
Someone sold the Mets cards with Seaver and Ryan for under $200 last month. I've seen lots of 20 or 30 go for $2-3 a card and that includes stars.
You could even try buying a couple of 1968 regular lots. I got about 20 cards in one.

savedfrommyspokes
02-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Saved - thanks for the price information on the previous sale. Just curious what you have done to make the progress you have - local shows, ebay? Ebay seems like a slow go to me.

Bill, I have bought quite a few lots which have had the MBs included in them. In the past 6 months or so, including dupes, I have come across about 80 in various lots of 68s I have picked up off of ebay. I have found the 80 cards out of about 3K total. Only one lot advertised that they "might" be included, and they were....the seller of this lot forgot to ship the lot and offered some extras, I asked and he included about 15 more MBs. Several years back at the National, I specifically went looking for them(on a Thurs) and found just ONE...some collectors like Carlton Miller have had luck finding them at shows. OC t/b examples are normally easy to spot on ebay, but I do not see too many of those show up.