PDA

View Full Version : Online Zeenut Alphabetical Checklist??

sb1
02-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Is there an online(printable or copy and paste) comprehensive Zeenut checklist by each year that is NOT by teams, in other words purely alphabetical? I have searched many, but all seem to be by team other than the online various SCD pages which are in book version and not really useable to make a list or table out of.

Any help appreciated.

markf31
02-17-2015, 07:28 AM
This might help you

http://www.oldbaseball.com/MegaChecklists/ChecklistSet.php?genre=Baseball&setname=Zeenuts&year=1919

There is a link at the top of the page for "Printer Friendly version" that you could easily copy and paste into Excel. I dont know how well you know Excel, but this link might help you too:
https://support.office.com/en-au/article/Split-names-by-using-the-Convert-Text-to-Columns-Wizard-39f7b055-6b39-4cb5-9512-13cc19b3a807

That will allow you to split the player names into a "First Name" and "Second Name" columns so you can then sort your list by last name if you so choose.

frohme
02-17-2015, 08:20 AM
PM sent, Scott

sb1
02-17-2015, 08:38 AM
Thanks to both of you for the links and suggestions. It appears finding the set from each year listed purely alphabetical and not by teams is harder than one might think.

If I have set to list by year I am assuming most collectors checklist them by teams as well??

oaks1912
02-17-2015, 09:28 AM
Scott..The vast majority of Zeenut collectors sort them by year and team... Even when Jim Horne tried to simplify things by assigning numbers to the cards in 1977, it was rejected by collectors...I still field requests from many individuals that are using the Beckett Almanac or Standard Catalog, both of which use different numbering systems, making matters even more confusing... There are many collectors that are only interested in collecting one team and almost all years have multiple players with the same last name. If you're only dealing with a few hundred cards, it will likely be easier in the long run to list them that way