PDA

View Full Version : New Member Intro

hawaiian bam bam
02-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself here. I am new to this site but have been collecting for almost 40 years. I have been a member on a few other sites but im really liking this site so far. already i see an amazing amount of knowledge here and some very great collections. I am happy to be here and hopefully I can help out when I can. I collect the following(signed in ballpoint pen)

HOF Autographs (with an focus on Perez Steele cards)

Dodger Autographs-(with a focus on the 1955 team, rowe/brace postcards, susan rini postcards anything brooklyn dodgers and the all time greatest dodgers)

Donruss Diamond Kings cards

HOF Game Used Relic cards

Brooklyn Dodgers Vintage Cards

39special
02-16-2015, 02:39 PM
Welcome Bam Bam.I remember you from SCF.There are some great members here.A lot of knowledge here.

jgmp123
02-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Welcome Bam Bam! Let me know if you are looking to buy any 55 Dodgers autographs...I have the entire roster for sale...

hawaiian bam bam
02-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Hey Steve! Yes I remember you! So nice to see you here! Really Cool to see friends here :)

James, yes please! i can use a few for my collection! Thank you!

Big Six
02-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Welcome...how far along are you on collecting Perez Steele's?

hawaiian bam bam
02-16-2015, 07:28 PM
hello and thank you! i am at about 160 on the perez steeles so far!

vthobby
02-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Bam Bam,

Welcome to the board. It is currently Negative 18 degrees outside of my house and even in Vermont that is VERY cold! I hope Hawaii is much better. I visited once, flew into Honolulu and then stayed on "The Big Island". Absolute paradise and did not want to leave!

I have a Dodger question that has stumped a few folks including myself. I have a 1998 donruss significant signature card #R3 of Koufax. All of the ones I have seen of this card are serial #red on the back to /2000 EXCEPT this one. This one is numbered SP14 where the /2000 is supposed to be!

I found it on Ebay with a buy it Now and the seller did not even notice the numbering so no luck with him. I am very happy with it as no one I have talked to has ever seen another so............any thoughts on this?

Thanks so much and take care,

Peace, Mike

hawaiian bam bam
02-16-2015, 08:50 PM
Aloha! Sorry about your weather. The best part about Hawaii is that even or worst day is the best day! As we say on the islands, there is no bad day in Hawaii!

Regarding the Koufax, I am no expert on those, however I have been collecting Dodger autographs for almost 40 years(i currently have over 1,200 different dodger players signed cards, almost have one of every single dodger player to have a baseball card issued of them, signed!) and have seen just about them all (dodger autos) and I can say I have seen those Koufax Cards before. One was SP10, another SP 25. i havent seen any others than that,so I am assuming those are Short print with a run of 25 (as ive never seen one numbered higher than 25) either way, it appears that you have a very limited production koufax autograph, so congrats! very cool!

vthobby
02-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Thank you very much and congrats on your collection! I sometimes wish I could transport back to the 1950s and go to Ebbetts Field for a game and then ride the subway with some of the players and get some in person autos! :)

Take care, mike

almostdone
02-17-2015, 07:21 PM
Bam Bam,

Welcome to the board. It is currently Negative 18 degrees outside of my house and even in Vermont that is VERY cold! I hope Hawaii is much better. I visited once, flew into Honolulu and then stayed on "The Big Island". Absolute paradise and did not want to leave!

I have a Dodger question that has stumped a few folks including myself. I have a 1998 donruss significant signature card #R3 of Koufax. All of the ones I have seen of this card are serial #red on the back to /2000 EXCEPT this one. This one is numbered SP14 where the /2000 is supposed to be!

I found it on Ebay with a buy it Now and the seller did not even notice the numbering so no luck with him. I am very happy with it as no one I have talked to has ever seen another so............any thoughts on this?

Thanks so much and take care,

Peace, Mike

The card you have has him in a LA uniform and is short printed. From what I read Koufax didn't return the signed cards in time off the pack release so Donruss included a special Billy Williams mail in card in its place. If you pulled the Williams and sent it in you got back the LA Koufax as well as your Williams card. I'm not sure how many were produced but the card you have usually sells around 50% higher than the Brooklyn Koufax card from the same set. Nice pick up.
Drew