PDA

View Full Version : Paul Blair Autograph

carlsonjok
02-14-2015, 02:30 PM
I have a Paul Blair player collection and am always on the look out for cards I don't have. One such card is a 1994 Nabisco All-Star Legends. I have only seen two over the last four years and they have sold for a price I was not comfortable paying. Kruk Cards has listed a lot of 9 autographed Paul Blair cards, including a Nabisco card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131425903816?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Problem is none of the autos look authentic to me. I discovered over on the Modern Card Forum that the Nabisco cards can be found un-autographed, so my suspicions have been heightened. But, push comes to shove, I am not an autograph expert and thought I would appeal to the real experts here. I really want that card for my PC, but a fake auto would basically destroy any value (emotional or monetary) the card would have to me.

Here is an example of such a card that has what I believe is an authentic signature.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DFP94K0qXDc/UbqLgD7eQDI/AAAAAAAAEfI/ZnJ21C6iX7s/s1600/Nabisco.JPG

Thanks.

thetruthisoutthere
02-14-2015, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=
Problem is none of the autos look authentic to me.[/QUOTE]

You already answered your own question.

HOFAUTOS
02-15-2015, 01:12 PM
The Blair's look fine. He signed free through the mail all the way until his death.

Econteachert205
02-15-2015, 01:16 PM
I was confused at the notion that someone was forging blair cards and selling them at 4 bucks each.

carlsonjok
02-15-2015, 08:25 PM
I was confused at the notion that someone was forging blair cards and selling them at 4 bucks each.

You would think. But, shortly after his passing, an EBay seller added a large number of signed Paul Blair cards at $10-$20 each. They didn't look even remotely like any Blair signature I have ever seen (I have over 30 in my PC.)

To be clear, I am not implying Kruk Cards (the seller of the lot I linked to in the OP) is forging signatures. They are a large enough operation that I wouldn't expect they would risk their reputation for a few extra dollars. I am assuming they just reselling cards from a collection they bought.

Econteachert205
02-15-2015, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the reply, I've bought stuff from kruk, good seller. I was referring more to them selling fakes for 4 bucks each as opposed to the possibility that Blair could be forged. I've learned to expect that where literally any dollar can be made by skulduggery it probably will.

vintagechris
02-16-2015, 05:17 PM
The Blair's look fine. He signed free through the mail all the way until his death.

I agree. Those look like the sigs he was sending out TTM over at least the last 5 years he was alive. I believe the Kruk ones are good.