PDA

View Full Version : 1K Post

Fred
02-13-2015, 03:10 PM
This is post number 1,000 for me on this board.

The evolution of this board has been fun to watch.

Leon and other board moderators – Thank you! I’m grateful for the time and effort you guys put into providing a fun environment to communicate about pictures of dead guys. I could’ve just thanked Leon but he probably would have responded by acknowledging the other moderators. Leon, really, this labor of love of yours is a great way for a lot of us to leave behind the realities of the real world, if even for just a short while.

Moderators of past boards from where this board started – Thank you for starting up those old boards and allowing them to evolve into what we have today. Those old boards were great foundations.

Contributors of card knowledge – Thank you for providing so much information about vintage cards and memorabilia. You wouldn’t think that there were so many different topics on old baseball cards. :D

Contributors of great stories – Thank you for the entertaining reads. :p

Those “Train Wreck Threads” – I guess those threads are “The Net54Baseball.com” version of a baseball card collector’s soap opera. I hate to admit it but some of those threads were entertaining. I’ll call them my guilty pleasure. :eek:

Thanks again to all that use this board for all the right reasons!

Matthew80
02-13-2015, 03:19 PM
+1

Thanks all

Leon
02-15-2015, 07:16 AM
Hey Fred
A thousand posts is a good milestone. Adrian got there in about 3 days... ;)

You are a fine board member and without great guys like yourself this place would be literally nothing.

It has it's ups and downs but it's mostly up. Here's to 14 more years of happiness...

May your next thousand posts be as good as your first thousand!!

And here is a card that shows how I feel after some days on the board...I am the guy on the left...with the big bottle.

http://luckeycards.com/pn354consolidated2.jpg

Jeffrompa
02-15-2015, 07:18 AM
Congrats Fred I have been around since 2006 and might get to 1000 in this lifetime .

Jantz
02-15-2015, 09:07 AM
And here is a card that shows how I feel after some days on the board...I am the guy on the left...with the big bottle.

Leon

You just have to tell yourself, "I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy". Although I'm sure there are days this doesn't apply. ;)

Fred

I agree with everything you said and feel the same way. Congrats on your 1000th post