PDA

View Full Version : Tristar show newb question

sockwell123
02-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Gotta show this weekend in Houston..I've never been to a card show before. Thought i'd ask.. I see SGC, JSA, and Beckett are going to be there. Do they grade, and authenticate cards/autographs on the spot?

i don't plan on standing in autograph lines. Not gonna have the cash to do that. Just going to see all the cards, and hopefully fill some sets.. get some neat stuff.

oddball
02-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Haven't been to a Tri-Star show before (yet), but SGC and Beckett usually have their grading services at large shows like the National and will do grading on the spot. I noticed, however, that the grading fees are a little more expensive than sending it to them from home. But, if you have items that you don't want to risk sending to them through mail, then it might just be worth it. Enjoy!

sockwell123
02-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming some of the cost would be higher to cover expenses. I would have sent an email, but i just thought about it.. Last time i sent an email it took about a week or so to hear back... I'll check the fee's on their sites and compare i reckon.

Mikehealer
02-12-2015, 09:52 PM
Here is what SGC will be providing.
http://www.sgccard.com/ShowAppearances.aspx

sockwell123
02-12-2015, 10:15 PM
awesome. Thanks!

sockwell123
02-14-2015, 08:57 PM
Just thought i'd give an update as i just got back from the show.. in case anyone had the same thought i guess...Sgc and Jsa don't grade on the spot.. they take your cards.. grade em . then mail em back to you.. Beckett was doing on the spot grading but they just stick a sticker on your card saver with a grade. I found their table too late so they were just accepting cards to go back to Dallas.. and mail back.