PDA

View Full Version : Motivation visuals to complete your set

ajjohnsonsoxfan
02-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Anyone else obsess about completing their set and use visual reminders at home or the office? I purchased this super cool Cracker Jack poster from another net54 member (you da man!). And now have it framed next to my desk. I use pink post it notes to designate the cards I still need and can now torture myself daily to keep draining my bank account. Gotta love the collectors bug!

Vintagecatcher
02-11-2015, 09:40 PM
I have the image of a Red Munson Old Mill Cabinet as the Desktop Background image on my computer.

Patrick

Jantz
02-11-2015, 10:22 PM
A.J.

The "Monthly Pickup Thread" or Frank's "Monster Number Thread" work well for me. Somedays :) other days :(

freakhappy
02-11-2015, 10:40 PM
A.J.,

That's a really sweet poster...I like it a lot!

As far as a reminder for myself...I'm addicted, so I don't necessarily keep any sort of visual to get me going. I'm consistently online, here on Net54, so I see cards that keep the flame going at all times :eek: However, I did buy a T206 poster last year that I had planned on framing, but haven't got around to it yet. I believe I want to do something similar to what you're doing with the Cracker Jack poster and mark the ones I need (good idea).

Good luck on completing that set...it's a beauty

OldEnglishD
02-12-2015, 05:27 AM
I have two, 50 card display cases hanging on the wall. Right after I hung them I placed a reprint 1934 Goudey set in them as a visual checklist (96 cards). Now, as the cards come in (PSA graded), I replaced them in the cases. Slowly but surely, they are changing over from reprints to PSA graded!

I only wish I had taken a picture every time a new graded card was put in the cases, would make for a cool movie/compilation (if only for me). ;)

Dave

ajjohnsonsoxfan
02-12-2015, 10:49 AM
I have two, 50 card display cases hanging on the wall. Right after I hung them I placed a reprint 1934 Goudey set in them as a visual checklist (96 cards). Now, as the cards come in (PSA graded), I replaced them in the cases. Slowly but surely, they are changing over from reprints to PSA graded!

I only wish I had taken a picture every time a new graded card was put in the cases, would make for a cool movie/compilation (if only for me). ;)

Dave

Dave that's a cool idea. I like having the reprints there and then swapping them out with the real deal. awesome