PDA

View Full Version : 1955 Bowman Campanella

theshleps
02-11-2015, 03:23 PM
Back home I have a 1955 Campanella with a pre accident signature that was trimmed so it only is the TV screen part. I was thinking of buying an unsigned card and replacing the unsigned screen for the signed one. If I ever chose to sell it I would be upfront with what I did but just for general collecting purposes what do you think of the idea?

jad22
02-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Back home I have a 1955 Campanella with a pre accident signature that was trimmed so it only is the TV screen part. I was thinking of buying an unsigned card and replacing the unsigned screen for the signed one. If I ever chose to sell it I would be upfront with what I did but just for general collecting purposes what do you think of the idea?

I wonder how that would be slabbed by a TPA, would it be considered a cut if you mounted it to another card? I think you should do whatever you want with it. Though I guess it would be easier to resell if you didn't mount it.

1963Topps Set
02-13-2015, 07:47 PM
I would like to see a scan of what you have now.

thenavarro
02-13-2015, 09:55 PM
Send both the unsigned card and the signed TV portion to this guy and he should be able to make you a nice one out of them. Will look visually pleasing and you wouldn't notice it upon glance.

http://restorationbyjm.com/

theshleps
02-14-2015, 09:52 AM
Can't put a scan up as item is in AZ and I am in HI.
Mike Thanks- have you used him for cards?

thenavarro
02-14-2015, 11:31 PM
Can't put a scan up as item is in AZ and I am in HI.
Mike Thanks- have you used him for cards?

No, not personally, but I have seen an example of his work in person and it looked pretty nice. I am considering using him to make a beater T206 Demmitt St Louis that I have into a nice, eye appeal AUTH but I haven't done it yet.

Mike

yankeeno7
02-15-2015, 12:23 AM
I think I would try to make a really cool custom card out of it. You can use the entire portion of what you have. I would make it 4x6 then have it authenticated and slabbed as my own custom.