PDA

View Full Version : eBay Linked PayPal Acccount?

dlfallen
02-11-2015, 10:29 AM
I do much of my pre-war buying on the BST board, but will bid on eBay items I need and are uncommon. I just had two snipe bids rejected because "Pending bid for auction xxxxxxxxxxxx failed because the seller requires bidders have a linked PayPal account." This is the first time in well over 1,000 eBay bids that this has happened. WTF? The seller left money on the table as two of my bids were substantially higher than the hammer price.

I have googled the issue and while I can find many references to HOW to link eBay and PayPal accounts, I can find nothing that explained exactly WHAT a linked PayPal account is, or what the advantages/disadvantages might be. Actually, I thought I WAS linked. For example, I just bought a BIN item and just clicked on the "pay by PayPal" button. Presto, the item was paid for -- I was not taken to the PayPal site nor required to log in to PayPal. So, what the heck IS a linked account?

If anyone can unconfuse me, I would appreciate it.

xplainer
02-11-2015, 10:38 AM
I am confused too. I pay just as you do. I don't understand either.
Anybody know?

Bocabirdman
02-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Go to your Account tab on your My eBay Page. At the bottom of the second section, YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION, I have an option to unlink the two. Perhaps you will have the option to link them

Your PayPal Account Information

View and update your PayPal account information and profile summary. Clicking the links below will take you to PayPal's secure website.

Go to your account overview
- opens in a new window or tab

View account history

Update profile summary
(account information, financial information, and selling preferences)

What else can you do?

Your eBay account is linked with your Paypal account:******** Remove link with PayPal account
(Removing this link will make it more difficult to buy items from sellers who require confirmed PayPal accounts).

dlfallen
02-11-2015, 07:18 PM
Thanks, apparently I am not linked but I still do not know what it means to link the two accounts. What is the big advantage to the seller that he is willing to sell at a lower price because he requires a linked account? What (if any) advantage to me is it to have the accounts linked?

How many of you folks have linked your eBay and PayPal accounts?

CurtisFlood
02-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Thanks, apparently I am not linked but I still do not know what it means to link the two accounts. What is the big advantage to the seller that he is willing to sell at a lower price because he requires a linked account? What (if any) advantage to me is it to have the accounts linked?

How many of you folks have linked your eBay and PayPal accounts?

Well, I quit pay'pay a long time ago and haven't tried to buy anything on the bay for a long time. I don't remember being linked in 2004.