PDA

View Full Version : Mantle and Inscription

ddog5
02-09-2015, 11:30 PM
I was watching this item a few days ago. Now that the auction is over I wanted to see any opinions or insight on the photo and inscription (assuming this is an authentic autograph, which I thought it looked good).

I have not seen any of the "#7" inscription before but have seen the "No. 7" inscription. Is the "#7" something that would have been done during his career?:confused:

Forgebuster
02-10-2015, 04:40 AM
I am by NO means a Mantle expert but it was common knowledge the handiwork of one of the Bullpen forgers was to add the # 7 to raise the value of the Mantle's they were producing you can see one on Ebay right now if you search "Angelo Marino Lithographs". The sig looks as good as the Mick's and the number 7 is added. I bought a Mantle a few years back but it was a slabbed PSA authenticated. I just don't or won't touch Mantle due to fakes!

joed25
02-10-2015, 06:49 AM
Signature is authentic. Don't know about the number.

mschwade
02-10-2015, 08:06 AM
I am by NO means a Mantle expert but it was common knowledge the handiwork of one of the Bullpen forgers was to add the # 7 to raise the value of the Mantle's they were producing you can see one on Ebay right now if you search "Angelo Marino Lithographs". The sig looks as good as the Mick's and the number 7 is added. I bought a Mantle a few years back but it was a slabbed PSA authenticated. I just don't or won't touch Mantle due to fakes!

This Mantle looks good. Most of the forgers would add "No. 7" and not the # sign.

MikeKam
02-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Everything looks good about this piece :)

shelly
02-10-2015, 01:38 PM
:):):):):):)