PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Ebay! Be prepared to be Suspended for breathing!

danmckee
02-09-2015, 06:32 AM
I sign on this morning and low and behold my buying rights have been suspended for 3 days! After a 20 minute phone call to ebay and a supervisor intervening, I was finally reinstated.

I bought a $12 item last night, the seller invoices me then 10 minutes later sends an email that he will not ship until he gets paid.

I do not respond to pressure very well so I responded with and I quote:

"Yea no Crap, that is how it works with every ebay transaction"

Seller doesn't like my vulgar language and we go back and forth with 4 more emails and NO profanity on either side.

He reports me for being "unprofessional" Ebay suspends me.

WOW!!!!!!

They want to see unprofessional??????

I told them if they were going to suspend me, I was going to earn it!!!

Amazing!

danmckee
02-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Looks like reasons for member to member contact hasn't changed:

What are the guidelines?
- Spam (email)
- Threats
- Profanity and hate speech
- Feedback comments containing inappropriate content

Not sure where "unprofessional" fits in here, I bet he has a relative working for ebay!

Also found this:

Next, tell us what happened

Buyer made unreasonable demands
Demanded a change to the shipping method or locationDemanded a change to the payment method or timingDemanded a partial refund or discountDemanded additional items or servicesRequested that the transaction be completed off of eBayBuyer left inappropriate feedback
Left abusive feedbackMalicious feedback left by a suspected competitorOtherBuyer abused a buyer protection program
Misused the program to claim an item was not as describedMisused the program to claim an item was not receivedBuyer misused returns
Did not return original itemReturned a damaged or used itemDid not follow other terms of your return policyOther problems
Buyer used foul or offensive languageRequested false information on customs formsYour problem isn't listed hereProviding additional comments is optional

BeanTown
02-09-2015, 07:41 AM
Corporate America at its finest! Makes you just want to go out and buy stock in Ebay!! Not!

Forgebuster
02-09-2015, 08:11 AM
Danmckee when you had a supervisor on the phone you should have asked why they are allowing a fake Mantle lithograph with the J. Dimaggio (Banned Cert Co by Ebay itself!) to be listed on their site? Double standards everywhere! I have reported this item 4 times!

Brian Van Horn
02-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Dan,

Looks like you got your $12 bucks worth.

:D

Taxman
02-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Dan you should have tried the Joey trick on him and threatened negative feedback if he did not lower the price. :eek:

ValKehl
02-09-2015, 08:51 AM
Dan, you just can't manage to stay out of trouble, can you?!! :D

Hope everything else is going well for you,
Val

danmckee
02-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Ha!!! I am always in trouble.

I just called again cause seller threatened to keep calling ebay

The rep that looked at the messages exchanged said I should have never been suspended!!!!

WOW! Great job ebay!

And of course the moron employee that suspended me won't get any training for this yet needs it!

autograf
02-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Serenity now!!!!!

Fred
02-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Dan,

How long can you hold your breath???

danmckee
02-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Dan,

How long can you hold your breath???

Did you ever see Creep Show with Leslie Neilson being buried on the beach?

"I CAN HOLD MY BREATH A LONG LONG TIME " :)

Centauri
02-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Dan, no offense, but your actions sound kinda childish. Something about a pot and a kettle comes to mind.

Name added by request: Ben Morton

freakhappy
02-09-2015, 10:52 AM

Man, that takes me back...loved that show!

CurtisFlood
02-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Dan, I like your style. I'm not passing judgment because I have had my bouts with that group. However, I quit them cold turkey in about 2004. Just too much drama for my blood. Hang in there.

danmckee
02-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Dan, no offense, but your actions sound kinda childish. Something about a pot and a kettle comes to mind.

Thanks Ben, to each his own

Childish is not grounds for suspension

dan

Centauri
02-09-2015, 01:14 PM
agreed. Suspension is quite a bit too far.

HappyJack41
02-09-2015, 01:31 PM
And you were a buyer! Imagine if you were the seller :eek: :p

Maddog
02-09-2015, 01:52 PM
I agree with Forgebuster.
Someone gets suspended for a snide comment to a ridiculous statement but Ebay does crap to all the forgers on their site?

Hope Leon doesn't suspend me for using the "c" word:rolleyes:

mrvster
02-09-2015, 02:39 PM
burst out laughing!:D

that was great! I love when the wave comes in and slams him in the face with water and sea weed ...............

omg....I think I just shit me pants:o:)

hangman62
02-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Yea, maybe Pot is the problem here

NewEnglandBaseBallist
02-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Dan, you should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you try to make a living selling and buying on Ebay! You should be giving your cards away for free!

Fred
02-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Ya gotta hold your breath Dan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYO3jUaL2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gXQX6IlxW0

Jantz
02-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Hey Dan

Sorry to hear you have to deal with this. At least the auction had ended.

About three weeks ago I had a (long time) Ebay seller message me and tell me that "when the money hits Paypal, I'll mail the item".

Funny thing is, the auction hadn't even ended yet!

I messaged him back and explained that when the auction ended, I would pay promptly.

My guess is that he figured out what I was talking about since I never heard back from him.

Jantz

jsconscum
02-10-2015, 12:51 AM
Good to see ebay siding with a seller.

the 'stache
02-10-2015, 02:35 AM

Wow, Dan. When I saw Fred ask his question, that exact scene was the first thing to pop into my head. That's absolutely frightening. :p

Ok, I am really dating us here, but...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R7boUa5FXBg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>