PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Allen & Ginter on ebay

BBB
02-07-2015, 09:46 PM
http://m.ebay.com/itm/271734962846?nav=SEARCH

Really odd that it doesn't have the lithograph marks for Allen & Ginter on the front or the "worlds greatest champions" list on the reverse. Maybe it's a fake. But I have one that is remarkably similar. Psa said it was authentic to the period/maker but had no clue what it was (neither do I). I figured cards like these could be cut from the albums they released which featured images like this in the same aspect ratio as the cards. or is it more likely a proof? Or something altogether different? Or is this one a true fake? The wear and tear look suspect.

team-of-rivals
02-07-2015, 09:51 PM
*Edit* - My bad....misunderstood the intentions of the post. Good day......

Sean1125
02-07-2015, 11:18 PM
This is cut from an advertising piece.

Thank you for your interest, Bryan.

bnorth
02-08-2015, 07:09 AM
This is cut from an advertising piece.

Thank you for your interest, Bryan.

Sean why isn't it listed as cut from an advertising piece? Is it because you have a return policy and IF the buyer figures out what they really bought they can return it?

egbeachley
02-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Listing to be updated.

Eric

Sean1125
02-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Sean why isn't it listed as cut from an advertising piece? Is it because you have a return policy and IF the buyer figures out what they really bought they can return it?

It had never been brought to my attention. Someone else does my listings. I sent an email to have it updated. Thank you for your continued interest.

Sean1125
02-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Yeah, very misleading since it's listed as an N28 when it clearly is not an N28. Plus it doesn't even mention that it's a cutout. Looking to trick someone.

When I see things like this I assume all items from the same seller are not to be trusted.

Eric

It will be updated shortly. Thanks.