PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed On Value Of RPPC's From 1910's Low Minors

btcarfagno
02-06-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm in a bit of a quandry. I recently purchased a group of baseball related photos and RPPC's that are not what they were purported to be. As such, I am trying to gauge whether I would simply be better off sending the items back or if I may still be able to make some money.

There are maybe 30-40 RPPC's from the 1914-1920 era. They all show baseball scenes from the low minor leagues (a vast majority are of the 1914 Marinette-Menominee Twins of the Wisconsin-Illinois League). Lots of action photos of players, players posed, shots of the stadium etc. There are no famous players that played on that or any of the teams associated with this group.

There are also many photos of various sizes, again of ballparks and players in the low minors. Maybe 70 of these. They range in size from 1x2 inches to maybe postcard size or slightly bigger. One interesting one (tiny...1x2 or so) shows a baseball team on top of what seems to be a double decker horse drawn carriage.

Anyway, I have no idea what I should do with this so am looking for ideas on value. I will post some pictures later tonight hopefully.

Tom C

swarmee
02-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Do they have any names/team names affixed to the cards? Either printed on or written?

VintageBall
02-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Is this the Babe Adams lot? If so, is he in any of them?

Robert S

vintagehofrookies
02-06-2015, 07:34 PM
do have a link where we can see some pics?

btcarfagno
02-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Do they have any names/team names affixed to the cards? Either printed on or written?

Very few. I had to do a bit of detective work to figure out the teams. I figured out the name of the person from whose estate these came plus the uniforms with the letter "M" and the team name "Twins" on several pieces. But there are only a few pirces that have a name or something like that.

Tom C

btcarfagno
02-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Is this the Babe Adams lot? If so, is he in any of them?

Robert S

Turned out to be Warren "Babe" Adams. Struggling minor league player from 1914-1920.

Tom C

btcarfagno
02-06-2015, 07:38 PM
do have a link where we can see some pics?

I will post some here in a little bit. It is neat stuff. But neat doesn't necessarily pay the bills.

Tom C