PDA

View Full Version : George Stone T206 EPDG?

ILTBOC2
02-02-2015, 05:10 PM
I have been working on a George Stone T206 back run for several years due to one card I can't find. The elusive EPDG back. The Super Set checklist shows that it's a possible back but I've never seen one. I checked the thread that listed all confirmed EPDG backed cards but see it didn't make the list as confirmed.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=125165&highlight=EPDG+checklist

This thread was from 2010. I didn't know if any new discoveries had been made (ie, a George Stone card has been confirmed). Can any of you confirm that this card exists or is it still only a myth? If nobody can confirm it exists....maybe I won't obsess about checking all of the auctions houses daily/weekly/monthly/yearly/decadely (hey, a new word!). :)

Thanks!

Jobu
02-02-2015, 05:14 PM
I don't know whether this card has been confirmed or not but you might shoot Saco River an email given the large number of EPDG's in part one of their auction.

wolf441
02-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Hi Bryan,

George Stone EPDG, I'll keep an eye out! :D
It always helps to have multiple forum members working on the case.

BTW, if you happen to come across a T206 Dode Paskert double name, miscut, color missing or (heaven help us) a Drum back, give me a shout!!! :D

sreader3
02-02-2015, 08:34 PM
It's still in the possible but unconfirmed category. Give it another 10 years and if not seen it will move to the doubtful category. Whatever our differences, T206 Resource does a good job of tracking F/B combos.

http://t206resource.com/EPDG%20Checklist.html

Scot

Edited to add: Of the last 212 public sales, none have been EPDG--so you haven't missed anything.

Sean
02-02-2015, 09:31 PM
Merkle throwing is also a "possible", but after 7 years of looking I've decided that my run is complete.

But let me know if you find one, and I'll do the same with Stone. :)

ILTBOC2
02-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Thank you to everyone who has responded! I feel better knowing that this card, if it does exist somewhere, hasn't slipped through my fingers!

tedzan
02-03-2015, 01:34 PM
The thread you referred to shows (in the updated list in Post #19) that Stone is not confirmed with EPDG.

Furthermore, I have observed that there appears to be a relationship between SOVEREIGN 350 cards in the 150/350 series and EPDG cards.
With the exception of these 12 subjects............

150/350 subjects with SOV 350 and EPDG

Bender (portrait)
Bresnahan (portrait)
Camnitz (folded arms)
Cicotte
Donlin (seated)
Jennings (portrait)
Johnson
Kling
O'Leary (portrait)
Shipke
Weimer
Cy Young (bare hand)

............if a 150/350 subject was printed with a SOVEREIGN 350 back, it will NOT be found with an EPDG back.

Stone is a 150/350 series subject that has been confirmed with a SOVEREIGN 350 back; therefore, I do NOT expect that you will find Stone
with an EPDG back.

Further proof of this "rule of thumb" is found in its converse. There are 66 subjects in the 150/350 series that were NOT printed with the
SOVEREIGN 350 back. To date, 57 of these guys have been confirmed with the EPDG back (I fully expect that the remaining 9 guys that
have yet to be confirmed with the EPDG back, will eventually be found with EPDG backs).

TED Z

Pat R
02-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Hi Ted, These 150/350 subjects are listed as confirmed with both
Sovereign 350 and EPDG along with the ones you have listed.

Abbaticchio (Brown Sleeves)
Brown (Port)
Chance (Red Port)
Chesbro
Criger
Davis, George
Dooin
Griffith (Port)
Jordan (Port)
Keeler (With Bat)
Killian (Hands At Chest)
Konetchy (Glove Above Head)
Leach (Port)
Seymour (Batting)
Stovall (Port)
Turner
Walsh
Young (Port)

Luke
02-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Pat,

Thanks for posting that! I've been trying to figure out if there were any others that had both EPDG and Sov350 backs.

Does anyone have a scan of a Chance Red portrait with a Sov350 back? I question if this one exists, and I'm working on a back run, so I'd love to know if there's one out there.

tedzan
02-03-2015, 06:32 PM
My records indicate that the following 4 subjects have not been confirmed with SOVEREIGN 350 backs......

Chance (red portrait)
Chesbro
Keeler (portrait)
Killian (pitching)

Can we see some scans of these guys ?

TED Z

Pat R
02-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Hi Ted,

Keeler (Portrait) is listed as a probable no print in the Sovereign 350 it's the
Keeler (With Bat) that is confirmed with both the Sovereign 350 and EPDG
as for the other three I don't have scans.