PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Ewing Magazines - Real or Fake?

MikeKam
01-31-2015, 08:38 PM
Hey guys,

I purchased these magazines signed by Ewing and one dual signed also with Auerbach. They were obtained from a reputable source, although they did not pass JSA authentication. The Auerbach actually passed, but they said they could not authenticate the Ewings.

Hope to hear some of your opinions regarding the Ewing autographs :)

Lordstan
01-31-2015, 09:16 PM
Mike,
While I don't claim to be an expert on his autograph, the ones that I have seen look different than those. I collect Sport Magazine specifically and would love to find an Auerbach/Ewing signed book, but I wouldn't buy that one.
Mark

MikeKam
01-31-2015, 09:25 PM
Mike,
While I don't claim to be an expert on his autograph, the ones that I have seen look different than those. I collect Sport Magazine specifically and would love to find an Auerbach/Ewing signed book, but I wouldn't buy that one.
Mark

Thanks Mark,

I've been looking at Patrick Ewing autographs and most of the time they seem to be very rushed and messy. These were allegedly acquired from an inside source (although not directly) so I feel like more time may have been dedicated to signing these for a friend or something.

The Auerbach as I mentioned was authentic, so I find it odd that the Ewing is not. I too am not an expert on Ewing though haha.

Lordstan
01-31-2015, 09:53 PM
I guess if he did a sit down and took his time for a friend, perhaps they could be real, but this is one of the problems with today's athletes' signatures. Their rushed versions look nothing like the more formal sigs, so if you get a nice one, with full letter formations, nobody believes it's real.

MikeKam
02-01-2015, 09:36 AM
I guess if he did a sit down and took his time for a friend, perhaps they could be real, but this is one of the problems with today's athletes' signatures. Their rushed versions look nothing like the more formal sigs, so if you get a nice one, with full letter formations, nobody believes it's real.

Yeah haha, just trying to see if there is any way I can find an expert on Ewing. Know anyone? :D

MooseDog
02-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Ewing was one of the most difficult (impossible) in person signatures I ever encountered. I never got him nor did any of my running buddies at the time.

I heard the same story from just about every IP grapher I have encountered so there are damn few Ewing IP signatures out there, I believe.

Best compare with someone who got him from one of the Steiner signings, at least there's a chance he actually signed those, though I recall reading a post on another board that what someone got back from that was little more than a scribble (for $250, I think that's what the charge was...)

MikeKam
02-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Ewing was one of the most difficult (impossible) in person signatures I ever encountered. I never got him nor did any of my running buddies at the time.

I heard the same story from just about every IP grapher I have encountered so there are damn few Ewing IP signatures out there, I believe.

Best compare with someone who got him from one of the Steiner signings, at least there's a chance he actually signed those, though I recall reading a post on another board that what someone got back from that was little more than a scribble (for $250, I think that's what the charge was...)

Yeah I remember that too, I'm trying to find some people who have a personal connection to him but no luck yet. Thanks for the input!

tazdmb
02-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Ewing is starting to come around, has done 2 private and a public signing in the last 6 months. That being said, the signatures from those signings look nothing like those.

jad22
02-14-2015, 07:30 AM
Here is the one I got after a game in my younger days. Looks a tad rushed.

MikeKam
02-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Here is the one I got after a game in my younger days. Looks a tad rushed.

Thanks, it does seem that early Ewing stuff is all over the place haha.