PDA

View Full Version : Pawn stars type 1 babe Ruth photo

Forever Young
01-29-2015, 07:26 PM
This one is a little near and dear to my heart being a early Ruth photo collector even though team shots don't do it for me. Pretty cool though! Go to 1:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVs9USyNafw

gnaz01
01-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Thought you would have gone for it Ben :cool:

Forever Young
01-29-2015, 07:53 PM
Thought you would have gone for it Ben :cool:

Gone for what??

vintagesportscollector
01-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Ben. I saw that episode last week. Pretty cool.

I was looking at your site and saw you have a photo of Ali-Liston. The famous Ali-Liston photos were taken by Neil Liefer, who happens to be a relative of mine. My parents grew up with him and my uncle would talk of him frequently. Neil may be the most renowned modern day sports photographer.

Forever Young
01-29-2015, 07:58 PM
Ben. I saw that episode last week. Pretty cool.

I was looking at your site and saw you have a photo of Ali-Liston. The famous Ali-Liston photos were taken by Neil Liefer, who happens to be a relative of mine. My parents grew up with him and my uncle would talk of him frequently. Neil may be the most renowned modern day sports photographer.

Very cool. Yes.. That is right up there as one of my favorite photos in my collection. I have not seen another type 1. It was one of his masterpieces. Thanks for cking out my site... I'm glad somebody does other than me. Ha!

gnaz01
01-29-2015, 08:09 PM
Gone for what??

Maybe get a hold of them and find out who the seller was, but didn't know you didn't like the team pics. My bad :(

Forever Young
01-29-2015, 08:13 PM
Maybe get a hold of them and find out who the seller was, but didn't know you didn't like the team pics. My bad :(

Oh...gotcha:) it's not that I don't like them at all. It is a sweet photo.

ullmandds
02-02-2015, 07:05 AM
Cool...but that video is like the chipmunks pawn stars? WTF!

Leon
02-02-2015, 09:09 AM

Cool photo but personally I don't think it was 10k....I think the 7k Rick offered was pretty fair.

Also, yes, it's like they just inhaled helium or something....I thought "chipmunks" too with their squeaky voices. :)

GoCubsGo32
02-02-2015, 09:13 AM

They sped up the video/ adjusted audio to avoid it from being detected and being taking down for copyrights.