PDA

View Full Version : How many different e92 Menagerie exist?

bn2cardz
01-29-2015, 07:04 AM
I saw the request to buy one in the BST and it made me think about how many exist.

Leon has the Murphy and I have the Lobert, these seem to be the only ones that show up constantly on this board. A quick google search showed that there are also McGraw, Wagner Batting, and Kleinow. Does anyone else know of any more that the 5 listed here?

Not that it hasn't been shown before, but just so we aren't without pictures here is my Menagerie (with the rest of my Loberts).
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k607/bn2cardz/bn2cardz/LobertRun_zps923a7777.jpg

arcadekrazy
01-29-2015, 07:55 AM
There's also a Shean. The Shean and Lobert were both mine a few years back.

bn2cardz
01-29-2015, 08:16 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot about the Huggins Scott auction that I found that had the Shean sold with the Lobert when I first bought the Lobert.

http://sep12.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=49648

Leon
01-29-2015, 09:08 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot about the Huggins Scott auction that I found that had the Shean sold with the Lobert when I first bought the Lobert.

http://sep12.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=49648

I won that lot..... I would guess there are probably a dozen or so in the hobby.. Most likely there are several we don't know about hidden in collections.

bn2cardz
01-29-2015, 09:12 AM
I won that lot..... I would guess there are probably a dozen or so in the hobby.. Most likely there are several we don't know about hidden in collections.

I did buy the Lobert from your (B-L) auction. So was this one from your collection at the time?

I would assume there are more than the 6 mentioned thus far, but that I why I started this thread hoping to hear about more (or best case scenario, see more)

obcmac
01-29-2015, 09:44 AM
And I got the Shean from Leon at the national...so looks like the known ones are accounted for at least.

Mac

Leon
01-29-2015, 10:43 AM
I did buy the Lobert from your (B-L) auction. So was this one from your collection at the time?

I would assume there are more than the 6 mentioned thus far, but that I why I started this thread hoping to hear about more (or best case scenario, see more)

Yes, I upgraded mine and have sold a couple mentioned, I believe.

bn2cardz
01-29-2015, 11:18 AM
Yes, I upgraded mine and have sold a couple mentioned, I believe.

Along the same lines do you know about how many prize fighter backs you have seen/owned?

ullmandds
01-29-2015, 11:23 AM
I heard an upcoming antiques roadshow will feature a "find" of E92's with menagerie backs...I think something like 2000 of them were recently found?

bn2cardz
01-29-2015, 11:28 AM
I heard an upcoming antiques roadshow will feature a "find" of E92's with menagerie backs...I think something like 2000 of them were recently found?

Adrian don't you have other threads to bump. I think there have been some replies since your last post. ;)

ullmandds
01-29-2015, 11:49 AM
Adrian don't you have other threads to bump. I think there have been some replies since your last post. ;)

UPDATE...the antiques roadshow just called...6000 were found!!!!!:D

Adrian is Ghandi!

bn2cardz
01-29-2015, 11:52 AM
UPDATE...the antiques roadshow just called...6000 were found!!!!!:D

Adrian is Ghandi!

I heard they were all Dots Millers... but unfortunately for you they are the batting pose.

Leon
01-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Along the same lines do you know about how many prize fighter backs you have seen/owned?

I have 2, have never sold any that I remember, and have probably seen a couple more. I would guess there are a few less prizefighter back baseball cards than Menagerie ones, from what I have seen.