PDA

View Full Version : Take your pick......

Brian Van Horn
01-29-2015, 07:02 AM
Two entries for the not so authentic category:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-Babe-Ruth-Goudeys-Baseball-Card-/221676228420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339ceecf44

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-GOUDEY-LOT-OF-3-MOORE-SIMMONS-AND-SCHUBLE-/191496757401?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9618a099

Leon
01-29-2015, 07:26 AM
The first one has that nice rat-eaten look. The second set wouldn't be what you would call "well focused".

clydepepper
01-29-2015, 07:44 AM
The cards aside, I only purchase from sellers who are more established and these two would not make the 'cut'.

Cozumeleno
01-29-2015, 08:36 AM
Second seller seems legit and offers returns. My guess is he has no idea.

PMSeevers
01-29-2015, 01:49 PM
In the Ruth description... "Im gona regret not getting this card graded."

I think the only regret will be with the buyer.

Fred
01-29-2015, 01:59 PM
RUTH CARD:

Yup, another asshole seller.... he lists it as "unknown" in the original/reprint part of the item description but indicates the following in the text description:

Old Babe Ruth baseball card. This card was found in the basement of my grandparents home. It was in with some other old card in a old boyscout magazine. Card is in horrible shape. But if its real then it could be a great find. Although i dont know if it is real or not. I have to list this as a reprint. But i can say that this card is the exact shape size and thickness as the other 1933 goudeys cards that were found. Starting the bid at 1.99. Im gona regret not getting this card graded.

What a putz.....

GOUDEYS

At least that seller doesn't say it could be a reprint. He just lists it as "original". He probably just doesn't know any better while that first seller is just being a dick.

Leon
01-30-2015, 07:24 AM
RUTH CARD:

Yup, another asshole seller.... he lists it as "unknown" in the original/reprint part of the item description but indicates the following in the text description:

Old Babe Ruth baseball card. This card was found in the basement of my grandparents home. It was in with some other old card in a old boyscout magazine. Card is in horrible shape. But if its real then it could be a great find. Although i dont know if it is real or not. I have to list this as a reprint. But i can say that this card is the exact shape size and thickness as the other 1933 goudeys cards that were found. Starting the bid at 1.99. Im gona regret not getting this card graded.

What a putz.....

GOUDEYS

At least that seller doesn't say it could be a reprint. He just lists it as "original". He probably just doesn't know any better while that first seller is just being a dick.

+1 "Putz" .....nailed it.