PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: Football's Big 3 - Payton RC, Montana RC, Rice RC - all PSA GEM MINT 10!

scooter729
01-24-2015, 11:51 AM
Hi,

I am accepting offers on the following three cards pictured here:

1976 Topps Walter Payton
1981 Topps Joe Montana
1986 Topps Jerry Rice

As most know, these are extremely tough to find in PSA 10 GEM MINT, and all have recently set record highs for sales.

PM with serious interest only please, and I can provide better scans. Please include your email address so I can send scans to you.

Thanks for looking,
Scott

tuckr1
01-27-2015, 07:01 AM
Beautiful cards, think the Payton is just a tad out of my price range!!

Publius
01-31-2015, 04:11 PM
I used to have all three of these in PSA 10, and sold them right before the price increase. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.....

xplainer
02-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Ok. Why are you blocking the serial numbers?
Not accusing you of anything. Just curious as to why.

Dan Carson
02-04-2015, 01:00 PM

Yeah?:confused:

smotan_02
02-06-2015, 01:45 AM
Usually people do that so others dont try to add them to their registry.

scooter729
03-12-2015, 07:29 PM

All of these cards have sold, but I hadn't noticed the follow-up posts until just now, and wanted to respond to this comment.

With high-end cards like these, I didn't want to take nice scans and post them online, allowing either (as was suggested) that someone could just add the cards to their registry, or (as I would fear) allow an unscrupulous party to grab the scan and create a listing to try and scam someone into a bogus purchase.

So instead, I posted a crappy picture here, blocked out the serial number and put my username across each card.

To any potential buyers who responded to me, they received a nice clear scan without my editing to each picture, as was done to the public picture.

I wouldn't take these measures with a $50 card, but with cards that are $10K+ each, I wanted to add a little extra security and not potentially allow a scammer to get any ideas.

Hope that logic addresses any of the questions / concerns anyone may have had. I know the happy purchaser of all three is quite pleased....